Is nord vpn blocking my add ons

ive had issues for some time with kodi add ons.they work for a while then stop streaming programmes ive been watching.it happened with ghost, the crew, and now scrubs.after trying everything i could think of,i turned off my vpn (nord) and i was able to stream a series i had been watching again.I dont really want to watch without vpn so any advice on settings would be appreciated. ive tried changing connection to different countries but thats not worked either,cheers

I’ve found that (sometimes) changing your vpn connection to a different country makes a difference… :sunglasses::call_me_hand:

as I said ive already tried that. ive tried countries nearby (eu) and further afield like usa. cheers

1 Like

Sorry, I should have read your post thoroughly before replying. :grimacing::call_me_hand:

NordVPN does not affect my addons at all. I have been using Homelander, Promise for some time now with very minimal problems.

defineately nord.tried different countries last night and got no streams. disabled nord and got 9 streams of which the first one worked.not sure ive tried homelander.tried pretty much everything else.havnt got real debrid (dont understand it ) cheers

Crazy how Nord poses no issues for some, but major issues for others (same goes for all vpn’s)…

FWIW I’ve been using KODI for over 6 years without a VPN. No issues whatsoever

yes.I downloaded a free vpn just to try and watch the programmes i wanted and it worked. tried nord again and nothing.just goes to show you dont always get what you pay for.

1 Like

I have used NordVPN for a years. I have used Kodi for years on Firestick. Currently I am using ONN. I only use the system for Movies and TV. I have NordVPN sideloaded for use with Kodi because NordVPN recommended and provided it. That seems to be true regardless of the platform, Firestick or ONN. I do not use the sideload for anything else. I use standard NordVPN for regular computer traffic.
I have found that NordVPN works better on different servers. I live close to Denver, but my best connections are via servers in Chicago. Both cities are on the primary fiber providers backbone. It did take a little effort to find a couple of Chicago servers that consistently performed well. For some reason that is not the case with my closer servers. I experimented with several closer servers over a few weeks first.
I have never had a reason to suspect NordVPN was blocking my traffic, just getting subpar connections with the underlying fiber providers. I have had reasons to open tickets with them and they have always done a good job of resolving my issues.

Hi David, just joined the Troypoint forum. I have used NordVPN on fire stick on kodi for years and had no problems. Until that is about the same time as you I had problems with every add on on kodi. Tried everything I could think of nothing helped. Then like you I discovered if I turned of NordVPN everything worked as it should. I tried contacting NordVPN CS, and they acted as if they had never heard of a fire stick or Kodi. They were worse than useless. I ended up either no vpn and everything works or switch it on and nothing did. Slowly things seemed to get better, but I still have issues with all sorts of things like BBC iplayer, to connecting with websites. As NordVPN is lauded as ‘the best’ vpn for kodi I found their CS outrageous. Unfortunately my subscription with Nord doesn’t run out till late in 2025 and they won’t entertain a partial refund. I certainly will be trying another provider when my renewal comes up. Did you end up slowly getting your addons working again, or did you give up if you don’t mind me asking? Oh and try real debrid or something similar. I used Kodi for years before I tried real debrid, when I tried it it revolutionised my Kodi experience. Well worth the little they charge and easy to set up.