Ipvanish start up

Hi, I don’t know if I have this question in the correct category, but why isn’t IPVanish starting up automatically? I have all three options set, start ipvanish when android box starts, connect to the fastest server and auto start up are all set. But it still won’t start up automatically, I have to go into the app and then it starts up. Thanking you all in advance!

1 Like

Unfortunately this is something that is very hit and miss in IPV. When I contacted customer service they suggested uninstalling and reinstalling their app to ensure I have the latest one and making sure my OS was up to date. I know many ppl love this VPN and I have used it for over 5 yrs, but I canceled my sub that runs out in Feb and purchased ExpressVPN. With express it has not, in 3 months, failed to autostart and download speeds are consistently faster.

1 Like

@Amrygirl

When you start your box or turn it on wait a few moments, let it connect to the internet first and wait a bit more.

It could be a connectivity issues from power on to internet connection.

I also think some vpn apps work better than others on certain devices.

I personally don’t use ipvanish, but I will be next year. I will be toying around with it and checking that out, I know others don’t have this issue I think it’s situational. You could try contacting them

I have had IPVanish for two years now and only had that problem once. I contacted them and was told to uninstall the app and re-install it from the IPVanish website and do not install from the Google play store. Not sure why that made a difference, but it worked, and I have not had a problem since.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.