IPvanish performance

Just asking for feedback from IPvanish users…

Would like to compare your experiences with this service on a Wi-Fi connection.

If you would, what is your average Mbps without IPvanish?

What is your average Mbps with IPvanish?

Thanks for your input on this matter.

@mattryan321

Can be situational, lots of topics i have on vpns, routers, technology, buffering and much more discussing this.

Ipvanish performance seems to vary, it also depends on your internet speeds, the device you have installed on and even version of android os installed. Alot of apps work much better on 7.1 or higher. Lots of different things are involved.

When i used Ipvanish i didnt have much issues. I have 1gig down and 50 up, while on it was around 90 to 150.

2 Likes

I’m a longtime IPVanish subscriber.
Speeds are dependent upon the protocol you use & if you have properly set up IPVanish. My speeds are fastest most of the time using Dallas with IKEv2 protocol. However my Sony Bravia Smart TV Google O/S is much better with Wireguard.
I use 4 devices with the fastest at 600 for the desktop on Ethernet to 140-120MB/s on Wifi to a 4K Stick & the Sony Smart TV. My NVidia Pro is usually between 300 & 400MB/s download speed.
Trick to IPVanish is click on Tunnel, Click on everything system & legal apps. Only use IPVanish on Web browsers, grey area streaming apps & media players.

1 Like

hmmm. I certainly would never connect to the internet without an active VPN. It isn’t just about “legal” APKs or even speed for me, as that’s never been an issue for me. Even Google and Amazon have found malicious code in their apps that are “legal”. From crypto miners to data miners, one never truly knows.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

Fully understand, I scan every app per download & rescan every app weekly with quality anti-virus & malware tools. Referring to the large streaming apps like HBO, Prime, Disney+, TUBI, Pluto. In these I have never found malicious code.
However I did discover a code in Cinema downloaded from here. It was related to the adware contained but had a twist. Deleted it & hated doing so as it was my TV series “Catch Up” app or binge stream a series to get up to date.

Yes malicious code is easy to miss, and good on you scanning your system, something I do every night before I go to bed. None of my streaming devices ever connect to the net while I’m not using them. I turn all power off. Can’t be to safe. Even when using apps like Disney+ I would never do so if I can’t use a vpn, it isn’t just about malicious code, it’s also about an open system that can easily be seen by anyone who knows how. Even my free and legal IPTV is never accessed without an active VPN. As they say " just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean someone isn’t out to get you". :face_with_peeking_eye: