IPVanish issue with fire sticks

EXCEPT, the loosing HOME…

You split tunnel amazon apps and systems that should fix it.

2 Likes

I noticed also that lately IPVanish is having trouble connecting to servers on my end.

Its not, if you are running a vpn on your stick you need to make sure all amazon and paid apps are bypassed.

Things like iptv, stremio, tivimate and the any unverified app needs the vpn.

2 Likes

Had the same issue so I dumped IPvanish and went to SurfShark and have had very good luck. Without Vpn I get between 325-350 with IpVanish 55-70 with SurfShark 104-127. Typical to loose 2/3 of your speed with Vpn. Really you need over 65 for most good streaming

Sal

I had a similar problem with speeds which was why I moved. I put up a post with a comparison between IPVanish and Surfshark and ended up a big difference for me at least.

Update

I have four friends running fire sticks and IPVanish. ALL four are experiencing their Amazon hone page failing to load while IPVanish is running. The fix that worked for me and all of them is to split tunnel all Amazon related services.

I started doing them one at a time trying to isolate the culprit app or service but it is very time consuming. I can’t verify for sure if it’s an fire devices issue or it’s IPVanish. I get irritated by people that can’t stay on topic! Oh, and a couple of friends are saying Hulu isn’t playing nice lol.

1 Like

I have IPVanish on 6 4k Max and do not have any homepage issues. Now that being said, I have IPV set to autostart and sometimes other things run before IPV loads. I have no idea what those things are exactly. I suspect it’s updates but can’t say for sure. once IPV loads and the Security globe then everything works perfectly. Seems to take around 30 seconds for IPV and Security globe to fully load. But I’ve learned to be patient in my old age. :older_man:

2 Likes

Interesting. I don’t have a 4K max but my gen 2, 4K and Toshiba 4K TV all had the issue. Nord, Proton and Surfshark work fine. IpVanish has the issue on all 3 devices of mine if I don’t split tunnel the Amazon processes. I hope this discovery helps someone here. 4 of my local friends have all had this issue this week. So it’s real.whatever it is.

1 Like

I’ve seen some that say a new update has corrected this issue. Not sure if that’s why I don’t have the problem as I update every single time one comes out. Slowly this issue us disappearing. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I posted here on Nov.28 because I was having the same issue. I will post a reply from another user to whom I in turn replied back. I definitely think that IPVanish could be the culprit.

Thank you for responding. I am new to this site so I’m not sure of what I’m doing. When you said you used Split Tunneling, can you elaborate on what boxes you checked: Recommended, User or System ? Their online video seems outdated. I’m hoping your solution is still working because what I’ve tried works for a short while then it’s back to chaos. The longer the Firestick is running, the worse it gets. I am supposed to get with IPVanish and go over my issues because I’m past the point of getting a refund. This will be the 3rd tech I’ve dealt with… they seem very unorganized to me. I tried calling them and I got the answering machine and left a message, but no one called me back. I want to back out of their contract but even tho my plan should have started in Oct., they have my starting date wrong, so I’m stuck with them for 2 years or lose $50…

At least split tunnel corrects it. IPVanish was pretty much set it-forget it back when. You really should select all in split tunnel and then uncheck your sideloaded streams, live tv, silk and torrent clients. Let Amazon and paid apps do their thing through your much faster ISP.

One thing I’ve learned is Nord, Proton, Express and Surfshark smoke Vanish in speed. But minimum is all you need so that’s kinda moot. IPVanish and SurfShark give you unlimited devices so I like that. So far, IPVanish is the only one of these that messes with my Amazon home screen if I don’t split tunnel.

2 Likes

Thanks
I just reset my stick and it returns but I have to turn IPV back on.

Thank you for responding. I tried, on my own with no IPV rep, doing what you said. I check marked all then went back and unchecked silk and other user apps, but, I had a problem with the Vpn working correctly still. Maybe it was just me, but I tested their program with different countries and ran Analiti and sometimes it did not change the Isp. Meaning when I selected Egypt and clicked the “Check VPN” on Analiti, it still showed me being at my original Isp with no Vpn showing as being on. At this point I am so frustrated that I just want to throw rocks at IPV. Try leaving the IPV app on and selecting different locations and testing them on Analiti and see what happens. Maybe I tried it too many times in a row…who knows?

1 Like

I got IPVanish to show switching servers. I’m using Open, not Wireguard protocol.

1 Like

It’s due to Fire stick last update should be fixed except for cube. I just changed servers from Chicago to Auburn and the protocol to open and stopped getting yellow stribe

So OPEN protocol works for you and Tax112768. They are supposedly in the process of working on mine, but I think I’ll switch my protocol also and see what happens. The only thing they told me to change so far was to go to split tunneling and checkmark Fire TV & Amazon Prime. I’ll be back. :crazy_face:

Every time I run my Kodi Build IPVanish crashes.
I have tried all the trouble shooting on their website.
My IPVanish can be running with no interruptions or issues for 27 hours. The moment I run Kodi it goes down.
I have no issues with IPVanish on my table top nor mobile. It’s working flawlessly on those two devices. It’s only when I run KODI does it crash or disconnect…
Is there anything I can do to stop this. The week before Troy started advertising Shark I purchased 2 years of IPVanish. So I am stuck with them.
Anything would be most appreciated.

1 Like

Assuming this is on a Firestick? Is it an older Firestick?

1 Like

I recommend you contact IPV customer service and send your logs to them. If this is something that can be activated at will. I’m sure IPV would want to know and release an update fix for an issue like this.

2 Likes