IPVanish and Fire TV dropping network to Amazon when connected to VPN

I only have prime video allowed thru VPN all other services are routed through it my best working fine!!!

1 Like

I tried both checked speed of both and got better speeds with tdp youā€™ll have to speed test both see what works. I donā€™t let Amazon services run except prime video player. If you let all through the it knows what apps your running Amazon that is. I donā€™t auto update nothing on fire stick once a week I check for updates manually install if needed.

@Tax112768 the suggested changes seem to have worked for me too. Thanks much.

1 Like

Great Iā€™m glad I could return the help,I have learned so much and gotten help here on Troypoint its a pleasure to help someone else. Thanks for updating to let us know it worked. Happy Holidays to all!!

1 Like

I have been using IPVanish for several years now with out issues, until this started. I have tried all protocols and all variation reset the cube to factory default 3 times and still get the yellow strobe light. The only thing that works is split tunnel all system apps. IPVanish support has been worthless over the last two and half weeks since this first started. I purchased SurfShark for the next 26 months and have to agree it is nice just to select the applications you want to use the tunnel with. Since I still have 9 months left on my IPVanish subscription and they will not prorate a refund, I am switching to SurfShark for about half the price for a 26 month subscription vs IPVanish for a 1 year subscription. BTW, I also just started having the same issue on my 2 FireTV Stick 4k MAX devices. IPVanish support is just abysmal. I have tried chat, phone and email and they keep telling me to do the same thing s over and over again. They must not keep notes of what they have tried or donā€™t have the skills to read them.

You guys really have to understand that this isnt ipvanishs issue. You are blaming support for an issue thats entirely amazons problem.

This happens even without a vpn. You have to split tunnel all amazon stuff. Stop blaming vpn support for an issue that isnt even their issue.

1 Like

Question did you change servers after protocol. Even after changing protocol Chicago was only one that it still did it.

Iā€™m well aware itā€™s a Amazon problem said that right away. I have had ipvanish for over 3 years they have never had an issue I had to contact support never!! I have only Amazon video player allowed to run outside of VPN. I figured out this fix my self,I contacted support to send logs to maybe it would help a bit. This started with roll out of Cube Gen 3,so gen 2s weā€™re basically given new updates so the software updates would apply to gen 2 and gen 3 coincide. I have 4k max itā€™s not giving me any issues nor is my standard stick. After doing the changes you have to disconnect ipvanish from server then reconnect or this fix wonā€™t work. Ipvanish has been great like I said had over 3 years never had to contact support once because they have no issues ever. Iā€™m going to Android boxes getting rid of all this Amazon stuff was a cheap easy to work piece of hardware,since they decided they wanted to be the cord cutter police Iā€™ll take my business to a Android box with no proprietary software! Iā€™m no expert Iā€™m just a guy who has been doing testing for free tv and more for over 15 years itā€™s my hobby,but I am running fine on my equipment right now without letting Amazon thru my VPN. With that being said all I can say is this work around I did worked for me and several others hopefully will work for some of you.

Rd I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to blame ipvanish because Amazon keeps doing things to stop you and myself well everyone using their equip to sucomb to their will. This cord cutting is a forum of testing work around mistakes,nothing free is really free so if I have to do something to keep running itā€™s fine,but you according to your post have ran ipvanish how long with no issues and your bailing on them because they answered you gave you solutions a little slower than you expected I feel thatā€™s unfair. Also just think how many subscribers they have and all of the Amazon users on their service are sending in thousands of support tickets all at once so not only are they working on fixes but now have to answer all their Amazon Cust tickets as well as trying to fix an issues thatā€™s really not theirs and as far as picking what to allow and not allow through VPN all I do is is put tick mark on services just like Surfshark just opposite so Iā€™m staying with proven quality&service Iā€™m not changing because a site chose them number them number one,Iā€™m good with them over 3 years never had an issue with them. LoL but Iā€™ve had a ton of Fire stick and cube issues and am throwing in the towel with them. Sorry work around didnā€™t work for you.

I tried using Cincinnati server and still got the yellow scroll. Ashburn seems to work.

Dam thatā€™s weird cause Iā€™m on Ashburn working. I beginning to think this is a ipvanish issue cause only happening on certain servers. Or the providers of servers that ipvanish runs on doing it?? Oh I shut off auto start on ipvanish settings this morning and now itā€™s working on Chicago. Hmmm getting weird lmao. I havenā€™t had any yellow strobe since the protocol and server changes but I keep playing around,for fun but the shutting off auto start seems to have reacted positive cause Chicago working if thatā€™s the case itā€™s not Amazon. Iā€™m just nobody trying different stuff for kicks lol so donā€™t listen to me. ##just saying##

I switched one back to Wireguard, still on Ashburn and no yellow scroll. I would not know what is causing the issues. But goodbye yellow light and I saved some electrical tape.

1 Like

Yea see, I thinking this has to be ipvanish server issues.

I to had problems with IP Vanish They to kept giving me the same kind of advice over and over which was no help. I have now switched to SS and it has been working great since. I guess lesson learned.

1 Like

Using SS for years. Itā€™s does work. But I still have had random issues time to time. Usually just turn off VPN completely to test. Then turn back on with a different location. Will bypass with Netflix and Amazon prime only.

I use IPVanish on my windows11 PC and since the latest IPVanish update I cannot connect with Amazon (and sometimes random other sites) unless I turn IPVanish off. So I donā€™t think the problem here is limited to the Firestick itself.

The amazon issue is limited to amazon. Websites block you if they detect a vpn which is starting to happen

I too switched to SurfShark from IPVanish. The last three days however, Iā€™m finding that a couple of times a day, SS is dropping out ā€“ the kill switch engaged ā€“ and I have to try three times for SS to reconnect. This is with a Mecool KM1 deluxe, so no Amazon involved. Could be a weak internet connection, but it was stable prior to 3 days ago. Something weird is going on. Chinese cyber warfare unit is hitting Americans where it hurts the mostā€¦Amazon, Google, and streaming ha ha. My latest major problem is SafeApp (or whatever itā€™s called) erasing my IPTV app once or twice a day. No way that I can find to disable it in Play Store ā€“ the pathway ultimately goes to a ā€œfind out moreā€ at a Google site.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.