IPTV Smarters VPN Certificate and Surfshark

Click VPN and choose manual setup as per my post 15 in this tread with screen shot.

Download your certificate then post 14 shows applying it to IPTV smarters app

Most VPNs allow for you to download and use digital certificates to authenticate client side use to the VPN server. This is an alternate and relatively safe way of utilizing your VPN access without the login/password authentication of a dedicated app. This could also be useful where vpn access is needed on devices where the app is not available or not functioning correctly.

Most certificates are obtainable through your VPN’s account settings, under manual configuration/settings section. Certificates do expire - and new certs are needed to replace expired ones.

While use of certificates can be useful on client side devices that don’t have access to their respective apps, there’s argument that using certs can leave a digital trail that can lead back to identifying, in part, who the user of the certificate is.

ExpressVPN has an article that talks about this a bit.

Surfshark has a similar guide.

There wouldn’t, however in this case, where authenticating in this method be more useful than just authenticating and using the dedicated android TV app unless the OP is implying that the use of the dedicated app is the root issue of their playback errors.

I would like to thank the community for their help. My iptv seems to be working properly now. Thanks again