IPTV Player Security

Hey Tippy, i opened another topic to continue this subject about player security in iptv services.

@Miki @Tippy I am with ya Tippy…Discord has been a failure for me. If Miki or someone else has the time and desire, I’m sure lots of us would love some instruction

Don’t feel too bad, im on discord abnd aint got a clue whats goin’ on :crazy_face:

The biggest hurdle was finding how to access the content. I installed Discord on my phone and used it when I got a Discord invite. Clicking one took me to my login page, where I logged in naturally, then it took me to the invitees page. Now here is where I found out how to easily access my invites, friends I added, channels I joined, and so on. On my phone I swiped right and a whole new page opened with a toolbar on the left and a chat bubble at the top and other things to do. As usual clicking any accessible “hamburger” gives you more options. Clicking the chat bubble opens a window with your added friends and sites you have joined and this is your PM. Clicking the site logo on the left, below the chat bubble, opens that sites “room” selection where you choose one to join and begin chatting. Rooms are designed for specific needs like questions, problems, general chitchat etc.
That should get you started for now.

1 Like

There is definitely a learning curve to the Discord setup, but once you start getting used to it, it is pretty easy. After the general functionality, the next step, like Miki said, is find the content and rooms that you are looking for. I’m by no means an expert at that part, but I use it often now and can get around.

Is it possible that UK is going after subscribers of IPTV Services because they cannot or do not have the legality to go after the providers.

You guys are the best!!

1 Like

Took me a bit to get used to it, but I now have it figured out

You should look into AVG Internet Security, the application includes a VPN. The application will provide an Anti-Virus for your P.C. as well.

UK has outlawed IPTV for a really long time so everyone there should know by now they have to keep it a secret they aren’t as lucky as the USA

1 Like

For us dudes & dudettes in Canuckistan :rofl: ,IPTV is technically legal to stream, but illegal to download content. So…legally, yes but still a grey area.

There was an issue many years ago with people using Direct TV satellite dishes that Ma Bell took a great exception to & got a ruling against those using US satellite services instead of our crappy ‘service’ which sees all of the country needing to take 2-3 French channels even if we are in Toronto, for instance, or another area with little/no French population.

We have 3 telecoms - Rogers, Bell, Telus (some of us like to call them Robellus - have their own territories that the others have no access to - along with third party resellers of the Big 3. So we suffer from lack of competition - hence, many are ‘cutting the cord’ as i did Dec 8/21 & never looked back - & this was after, finally, getting a fairly good deal from Rogers for their legacy bundle. I ended up just keeping their 1 Gig Ignite internet for $62/mo taxes in. This year they increased the price by $10 giving us a stupid streaming box that is never used 'cos it’s totally useless!!!

VPN use??? Absolutely - ALL THE TIME, no matter what i’m watching. After all, Canada is part of the ‘5 Eyes’ 5 country consortium. a cooperative intelligence network that monitors the electronic communications of citizens and foreign governments.

1 Like

I feel the same way about WhatsApp - tried Discord, looked at it for 5 mins then uninstalled - Facebook (yuck - but involved in many groups), Telegram & now WhatsApp is the limit for my 62 yr. old brain!

1 Like

Same. Brother tried to get me into WhatsApp, but I declined at my peril. Had a private van waiting for us at the airport in Cancun to take us to Tulum to meet the family at a condo. I remembered the name of the complex, but didn’t know it was this huge complex with many mini-complexes within it. The driver asks which? I said I don’t know. WhatsApp would have allowed me to contact them, since phone didn’t work there. My aging brain (hey, just applied for Social Security here in US since I’m turning 62), addled with two free vacation cocktails in the van, finally had a memory click from the little piece of paper I’d left on my desk at home, and the well-tipped driver finally found the mini complex two hours after arriving there. Was thinking we might have to spend the night (or vacation lol) on the beach with the drug dealers.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.