IPTV Player Security

Sitting here thinking about IPTV players…especially free ones. I bet it would be easy to hack, get access to IPTV credentials. Password, Username and url port addresses. Someone could use the credentials for themselves, sell them or give them away.

Wonder if that is how Ola works? I recently came across someone giving free credentials for ~ 200 users. Tried, sure enough worked.

Oh well…just thinking…free is never free :joy:

1 Like

I saw something similar for Nord VPN in a chat group. I didn’t trust or try…who knows what’s embedded in the code?

1 Like

Which is why you protect your network and dont out any personal info on any of that stuff. All things could be potentially hacked. So if you use an iptv service dont have payment or personal info on that box. Keep things to a minimum. Typically you shouldn’t have to worry about that unless you are with some sketchy folk.

Word to the wise:

All iptv providers can see everything you watch, your ip adress thats connected to their network and probably your device info.

This is why i say use a vpn with an iptv service. If they tell you ditch it ditch them

5 Likes

I’m with you on the VPN…I’m just really thinking out loud. The security vulnerabilities are endless on the WWW.

1 Like

I don’t even like informing random people which IPTV services I use. Who knows who is picking up on that info?

Wonder how many of those 1,000 people who got visited by the UK IPTV Patrol were loose with their info?

3 Likes

I bet close to 100%…

I agree and would never trust a service that says you can’t use a VPN. Kick rocks

2 Likes

Just a question, as long as I use a vpn is it safe to look up iptv providers on Google? I tried discord and just can’t get the hang of it.

1 Like

Yeah, why not? Just remember if you decide to purchase sometimes VPNs and banks don’t play well with each other.

Thank you I am looking for a back up service and got spooked after reading about the U.K.

If you decide you’d like to venture into Discord I can help a little. PM me. I’m on there and learning as well. It was a tad daunting at first but I got enough to get what I need.

Please post and ask questions about IPTV in the locked IPTV channel. That’s where this sort of thing is discussed.

1 Like

Sorry I thought that is where I was. I am easily confused and prone to wadering.

All good. Now ya know. Don’t want ya getting banned.

:slightly_smiling_face: I have heard about somebody with a hammer.

1 Like

And it’s always warmed up :rofl::rofl:

DRACOOOOOO…

hammertoss

2 Likes

Lol!

For some reason people cant post here? I can and its open

I can also and oh it’s still open. Isn’t tech just grand?

2 Likes

Sorry, THIS thread is still open, the other one was what I thought he meant was still open. Need more coffee :coffee: :sleeping:.