Installing TROYPOINT App with Rapid App Installer with Downloader on Old Android TV Box

But as Troy mentioned, you cannot install the tpapp as it is not compatible with an Android OS before V6. Yours is 4.4.2 and that is “before” Android 6. If the downloader installed, and works, you can now go to sources that have Android 4.4 compatible apps and install them. You don’t need Troy’s RAI. Now for an older IPVanish go to the following site using the “Downloader”, scroll down and click the 3 vertical dots beside say the 2019 APK and you will see what Android OS version it is compatible with and with Downloader you can install it.

1 Like

Darn, I was so close … I got the right ver. of downloader installed. I found a compatible ver. of ipvanish #52477 installed. Thinking I’m in hog heaven, when I go to enter my username and password it says … unknown error.

What a let down… ha ha, oh well I was close.

IPVanish customer service is pretty good helping in situations like this.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Troy! I have Troy build in my DOWNLOADER as a favorite! I’m trying to install ur Rapid App Installer! I’m running 4K MAX Fire OS 7.6.6.9) I’ve used ur tool box many times and never a problem! ADB and Unknown Source are both ON! Each time I put in ur ’ TROYPOINT Toolbox ’ it comes up with the TROYPOINT TOOLBOX and not the downloaded APK as in ur tutorial for ur Rapid App Installer! Attempted to go to the developers site and the app isn’t there or a message similar to that! HELP/SOLUTIONS…thanks *** I live in TROY, NY LOL

The RAI has been shut down for a long time.

is the replacement.

Thank you Miki! I was looking for the Firestick App Killer to shut down the apps running in the background the developer was TDUK…any idea where it might be found! I don’t see it in the toolbox …unless I’m missing it! Thank you!

Amazon disabled some ADB access for some apps.

Thank you …appreciate it ! Stranger, but they haven’t put up an update( and they could) that prevents you from side-loading and using the build which give you know access! Why? Because they want ppl to still buy the product even at the expense of other companies who may have their products somehow compromised! GREED!

Amazon won’t block sideloading, mostly because they need developers to test their Apps on the FireOS platform to help find bugs. Free labour of course. We don’t yet know what will happen with the new OS coming on the Firesticks. More Amazon control and more ads most likely, but just how far they’ll go is anyone’s guess.

Miki, do you know how to stop those three boxes that keep popping up as when the device goes to sleep! I’ve cut of the sleep to NEVER, but those 3 little boxes on a black screen and the time in the upper corner keeps appearing! I’m driving the 4K Max 16 GB OS 8

Can you provide a screenshot? I’m not sure what you are referring to.

Lost the post…sorry! Let me pulll out the 5GB firestick and load the new 16GB ( I only see it on that device! Wait and see if it pops up, snap a pic and then forward. Be back as soon as I can.Thank you for the help…appreciate you! Might take a few!

I’m always here and I get notifications when you post so I’ll see it. No hurry.

I’m sure that it happens when I’m just on the front of KODI, the front of the Fire stick, or watch a show of film, but I see it DAILY & it will happen tonight I’m sure! I’ll snap a pic & send it to you! Thanks so much for the FYI and your patient help! I really appreciate it! My name is Mace! U’ll be hearing from me …again thank so much!

JUST POPPED UP…brb!!

welcome

There they are! I also saw your other post “NOTHING DOWNLOADED GOES IN STORAGE” can’t seem to find it again and its happening to me as well! If its a worthwhile read I’d appreciate the link to it Miki! Again, thank you for all of ur help!

Those are sticky notes. You should be able to go into your system apps or tools, and turn it off. I’ll do some research.

Thank you! I’ll as well

Seems to be a sticky Note Widget Miki, & I think if you long press it //possibly will just give you an option to remove it or add others! Don’t beat the house on it , but not much pops up ! I’ll try to get it back again!

So, I pressed the select button and a menu appeared on the right side of the screen///OPTION…Remove Widgets, Change Background, Ambient etc, and Add Widget! What remains is the black (SLEEPER Screen) and the time & weather on upper left of the screen! As I said, I disabled the sleep option, but that screen keeps popping up; albeit now without the widgets, a.k.a. sticky notes! If you hit ur back button , of course it wakes up, but I don’t even want that! Thank u Miki! I’m going to look for you in the 'Apps "section if there’s one! Trying to find my way around the neughbhod! Thank you again…see ya sooner than you might like!