Installing TROYPOINT App with Rapid App Installer with Downloader on Old Android TV Box

Not sure if this is a question for here?? But, besides my firesticks I have an old TVPRO that I am messing around with. My question is this… I am trying to get Downloader on it so I can put Troypoint Rapid Installer on it. I find some info on how to do this from Amazon Apps and Google Play Store but I am not having any luck making it happen. Can anyone give me any words of advise in regards to this? Thanks

1 Like

This setup tutorial gets emailed to every user.

1 Like

Hello @pat.morgan you are using a generic Android TV Box which means it won’t have Downloader and you must sideload that in order to get it on there. You can sideload both the TROYPOINT App or Downloader directly through the browser on your box. Please note that we only support Android 6 and higher and some older boxes have 5 and lower.

Here is tutorial with video on how to do this with generic boxes. You can use this example and install the TROYPOINT app right through the browser with the troypoint.com/tpapp address.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your time and help. Greatly appreciated! I was able to get Downloader on this thing, but on downloader when I put troypoint.com/tpapp it comes up, an unkonwn error occured. Can you advise??

What device are you using? Have you gone into “developer options” and enabled the downloader to install unknown apps?

I am messing around with, other than my firesticks, a android thing called TVPRO. I did go into security and do that. Nothing I type into downloader works. It all says unknown error has occured?

1 Like

Not sure with the age of your device is, it might be a compatibility issue. What exactly is your OS and what version? Maybe an older downloader app can be used. Just guessing here.

I understand that. I got it downloaded, ver 5.1.0, but when I go to install it, it says… problem parsing the program??

Yes the parsing may be due to a downloader version that is not compatible with your “older” OS. From what I see you may only be on Android 4 with that device so maybe downloading and installing an older APK may help. Try say one from 2020.

that is the version from downloader. the version of troypoint app was 5.1.0

Yes but as I mentioned, you may not want the latest version as it may not be compatible with an older OS like Android 4. The parser error may occur when an app does not properly install. So uninstall the one you have and try the version from 2020.

the android version of this thing is 4.4.2. Firmware version 4.4.2. Model number TVPRO

I guess I don’t know how to get an older version, like for 2020? I typed in to get this… troypoint.com/dl

Hi Pat, Android 4 is pretty old and you’re gonna have problems running a lot of apps on that one. Our TROYPOINT App wont work properly on that. You need 6 or higher for our app.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for all the help. Sorry to be a bother. I just enjoy trying to make things work.

Not a bother Pat. That’s what the Insider is for!!

Hey you aren’t being a bother at all. Give my suggestion a try. An older version of downloader may be available that is compatible with Android 4

1 Like

ok will do. but I am not sure what to type in to get an older version? I only get the latest when I type in… troypoint.com/dl

1 Like

I posted the link for you. https://m.apkpure.com/downloader-by-aftvnews/com.esaba.downloader
Scroll down you’ll see the older versions. There’s even one for 2017 which is probably closer to Android 4. Yup the 2017 0ne is for Android 4.1

2 Likes

perfect… thanks. have a great weekend

1 Like