Inexpensive device w/ethernet port

Hey all,

Any recommendations for a device with an ethernet port? No need for anything fancy, just needs to stream IPTV. No gaming. I’ll be setting this up for family members, and they aren’t the most technically literate. They seem to have issues over wifi with Chromecast w Google TV. I’ve read up on the onn., seems decent, but I’m in Canada and don’t think its available here.

Check out this thread…

Thanks, but I don’t think onn. is in canada

I have a MeCool KM2 plus, which works well. It is a mid-priced box (approx 85.00) at walmart and has ethernet and usb port. I suggest walmart because of the easy return policy if you dont like it.

I would say wait for the new Walmart ONN Pro but since you are in Canada that’s a no go. I would look into the many different T95Z Plus configurations on amazon as long as you don’t care about certification (It’s not needed in our world) you should be able to find something very comparable to the new ONN Pro for $50 or less

You can get ONN at your local walmart if they have it or order one. Amazon Canada also sells them. The Pro will eventually make it to us but it will be around $85 plus taxes. Even the older ones are now around $50

I am in Canada also, I have a Amazon account,just logged into Amazon.com, and purchased the Onn 4k, took about 2 to 3 weeks to arrive at my door step,got this setup and running for the last 2 month without any hiccups.( ok 2 hiccups, no screen size adjustment and no RCA tv codes for the remote) Will do the same once the Onn 4K Pro comes available.

1 Like

I did read a post earlier that if I install Kodi on my Onn box and go into display setting that I can adjust the screen size to match my tv size, save and exit,and all will be good them, going to try this out this weekend, hope this works

So you tried
Go to Settings>Device Preferences>Display>Screen Position>Then select Zoom in or Zoom out screen as necessary
And it didn’t work?

1 Like

Miki, for the Onn box 4k all I have is Sound and Display menu , and in that menu there is no zoom in or out option. So I did install Kodi 21 and adjusted the screen to match my RCA TV that did not have this option in the TV menu setup, when I saved and exited Kodi, the setting did not hold as my VPNDOT was still half cut off my screen as usual.

That’s pretty odd that yours doesn’t have the display settings section. That’s the route ONN users have given for the screen zoom in or out. Yup. Looks like some ONNs had it and some didn’t. Damn.
What about turning off auto resolution but instead go down the list and try choosing one
Settings > Display & Sounds > Resolution
And try say 4K 59.94 Hz if your TV is 4K.

The T95Z plus has everything you need…
I have the 128g one and should be able to handle just about anything…
I got mine at Temu and paid around 26 bucks for it…

Good luck regardless what you wind up getting…:grin:

2 Likes

Delivered to your home in Canada?

Happen to have a link to your? I’m only getting remotes in search results

Just download the Temu app and search for the T95z plus streamer and chose the 128g memory one…

Since it was my first purchase it had a 50% off discount for your 1st purchase over 50 bucks
I added a set of $1.50 set of shades to go over and got both items for $26 and change…
Check it out and see what happens…
Good luck…

Ive had great success with mecool and I know troy likes them too

1 Like

Another vote for the new Onn 4K Pro .
Had MeCool but they don’t push updates like the Oon’s do

Avoid the T95Z Android box, totally useless, can’t download apps to it.

1 Like

What? What apps can’t you download. These Boxes are solid. I have 2 that are 6 years Old. I have plenty of Apps on em…LOL

2 Likes

Ive got the T95 box which is brilliant, had it 4 years never a problem with, seen the up grade T95Z thought id try it, couldn’t get Onstream app to work and struggled with Send Anywhere app, Cant install Googe search so thrown the box in the dustbin :grinning:

1 Like