Inability to successfully install Cinema

First ‘Id like to point out that I’m new to this TroyPoint site & in my 70s…so if I can take it slowly I’d appreciate it! I’m going crazy trying to successfully install Cinema…have tried via DOWNLOADER, the TroyPoint Quick Install Video& Unlinked. I keep getting a semi install with a circle in the top right corner saying THE MOVIE DE. When I click on the left top menu a “ failed to connect to API.the movies.org etc” message comes up at the bottom of the screen. If I click on the top MOVIE circle it changes to a red one with a T slanted to the left. More visual downloads with the red circle but the app does not come close to working properly. I’ve maxed out my knowledge. Any help will be greatly appreciated……I miss Cinema. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Louise
Welcome to the community. Hope you enjoy and you learn lots.
So to get started can you tell us the device you are using?

I’m using an Amazon 4K Firestick …

1 Like

@Louise
Ok, there are some great tutorials on Troypoint.com to use at your own pace. Follow them, pausing between steps to make sure you input information and did the steps correctly.
The first one is:
How to Install Kodi on Firestick & Fire TV in 30 Seconds (Kodi 19.3 & 18.9)
Then this one:
Cinema HD Update 2.4.0 - Learn What's New & How To Install
Come back here for any questions and help.

1 Like

I know just what you are feeling. I am in the same decade and went through several fails before I finally found a url that worked in the downloader address bar. The one I finally got to work is: Cinema HD APK Download v2.4.0 & v2.3.7.4 (OFFICIAL).
Best of luck and hope it is a success.

I think that going to Downloader and then troypoint.com/cinema still works. Pointing at the latest version of Cinema

I agree…it should work. I have had a suggestion from another member that perhaps some remnants of an old unsuccessful download are still on my FireStick & keep downloading every time I try a new install. That sounds like it could be a possibility. To my knowledge I have uninstalled each unsuccessful attempt but wonder if there is somewhere on the FireStick I can double check for remnants.

@Louise

Use app cleaners to get rid of old entry’s.

Sd maid pro is one. They are on unlinked.

1 Like

You could also try ES File Explorer and check for left over apks that you’re not using or needing.

2 Likes

Troy had Cinema for years on Troypoint Rapid App Installer - but in the last month I haven’t seen it any more. Which REALLY bummed my little brother who is new to Fire Stick. We went the long way (by phone, he’s in another town) using Troy’s tutorial for Cinema and Downloader but anyone know a reason why it’s not on Troypoint Rapid App Installer any more?

I do Welcome you to our site and please going forward read up on everything and explore the site rules and guides. Everything is mentioned.

Hello @theguitarguy we’ve gone over this many times on this site. We can no longer serve up questionable apps and that is the reason we point people to Unlinked if you want them. Please read first sentence at the top of the Rapid App Installer Screen.

:boom: If you can’t find an app you’re looking for, install the Unlinked App below with code 12341234 and install through that. Unlinked provides over 700 streaming apps and tools.

@Louise

Use unlinked. Your updated cinemahd is there.

3 Likes

I used the link you sent to install Kodi….haven’t installed the Crew add on yet. I just tried to install Cinema through your link & got exactly the same results as I initially described in my post. Some members have suggested I install Es File Explorer to remove remnants which they feel must be present on the FireStick. Another suggested I try clearing the cache & data & app before another installation. I just tried that …could clear the cache but was unable to clear the data. A message saying all files etc would disappear appeared but I was unable to move up to the second Clear Data above which I presume would have cleared the data. I could only click the original Clear Data which brought the data specs on screen again. I uninstalled the app once again.

Hi @Louise
Sorry you’re still having trouble.
So if I understand you correctly. You have completely deleted and uninstalled Cinemahd of got Firestick?
I’m at a loss with any further ideas for you, other than what has already been offered by myself and others. If you still want to install Cinemahd onto your device, I would make sure and follow the tutorial completely, ensuring no miss steps.
If you would like to move on from Cinema, BeeTv or TeaTV are options to try as they provide very similar service as Cinemahd.
I believe both apps are located on Unlinked app:

Use the code 12341234 or 55555555.
Other app to consider is the Crew and Seren.

1 Like

In the end I contacted TroyPoint & was advised to forget Cinema, install Kodi ( as you suggested) & install the addon The Crew. I finally did that today & it seems to be working quite well……I just have to become familiar with it. Perhaps you can help me with one glitch I came across. I started to watch the first episode of FBI when I realized it was the one I had already seen. I back buttoned but was unable to stop & get out of that episode. I could bring up back screens but the show kept running in the background. Can you tell me how to get out of a program that is running?
I really appreciate your help & thank you for your link to installing Kodi. In a roundabout way, it looks like the solution to my problem

3 Likes

Hi @Louise
No problem you very welcome and I’m glad we could get up up and running.
So the solution to your glitch is, hit you select button on your remote and hover over the pause button at the bottom of your screen and click pause. Next tab or scroll to your right to the square button and click to stop. That should then take you back to your previous screen.
Hope that helps and as always come back and post how it worked out and for any further questions.

2 Likes

Very happy you finally are able to watch some shows. Sorry I couldn’t of been more help with cinema but everything we tried in our PM’s should of solved the issue but didn’t. And as always @TROYPOINT for the win with the suggestion of kodi and the crew. Enjoy and please don’t hesitate to search the site or ask if you don’t find a solution to any further issues. Have a great week. :grinning:

1 Like

@Louise

Absolutely glad to hear this is working.

Kodi with the crew is a beast and has pretty much everything.

If you run into issues feel free to come back. Keep in mind I have all the guides and info for kodi in my pinned topic. That should help you with everything.

I recommend the resource guide.

1 Like