If Diggz is out

Read this morning that Diggz is out. Two questions. 1: how do I uninstall it and save my favorites, cause I just checked, and the wizard is gone. 2: can you just switch skins back to Kodi Estuary? Or do I need to do a clean install of Kodi?

I loved Diggz and I have used it since it came out. At this point, I am thinking of just using Kodi and forgetting all these other builds. Unless there is one that is clean and solid as Diggz was.

1 Like

Stick to a non-build or minimal build like skeleton and avoid the headaches :grimacing:

4 Likes

That’s what I am thinking at this point. Thank you. Any ideas for question 2?

1 Like

Skeleton Crew Build - Kodi - TROYPOINT Insider

Install Skeleton Crew Kodi Build on Firestick/Android (Kodi 19 Matrix)

4 Likes

Does this have an option to select links due to my area and provider?

sounds as if you need an iptv provider

3 Likes

You just go into the crew settings and change the playback from auto play to directory. Then you’ll be able to select the link you want if you need a lower file size.

6 Likes

I just do movies and shows. Three things I never (I really mean never} cared about or watched; Sports, since Joe Namath in the '70s, News, since The Huntley Brinkley Report signed off the air, and Weather of any type, as a Firefighter II - Medic when the tones drop you roll out. Now retired, I still don’t watch them. I quit paying for any service in 2003, just for my internet, and now, real-debrid. As for Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and all the others, you still wind up spending 70 -100 a month and still whach the same old same stuff. I’m free and staying that way. Thank you so much for the iptv provider advice.

4 Likes

movies and shows you might like Stremio, its a kodi alternative that I prefer.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll load it and check it out.

1 Like

I suggest a clean Kodi install. Keeping the no-built (estuary) skin. Install Two of the multiple good working stand alone tv-movie addon’s (with or without free links) I’ve used this method many times over the years and it is perfect for those that want to keep it simple.

1 Like

After puttering around last night I came to the same conclusion. Builds are nice, but when the developers disappear their great work disappears too. I was a big fan of Diggz, actually, it was the only build I have used. It was clean with lot of customization that allowed you fit it to your needs and looks, As they say; simple yet eloquently functional. So I am going back to simple. Thank you all for your advice and help. Have a blessed day.

I have the crew installed on kodi. Also I have the new skin unique installed on kodi. Is the Skeleton Crew the same thing?

I wouldnt say its the same. The skeleton is just a minimal build by @Jayhawks659

3 Likes

Take a look here for the best recommend aps with real debrid setup.

3 Likes

I have been using the Skeleton build by Jayhawkes659 and personally can’t find a better build for my purposes. Very basic, no fluff, cleans itself every boot, what more can you ask for

6 Likes

My biggest problem with Kodi is remembering to shut the video down or turn it off before I back out of Kodi using the back button.

2 Likes

I have Diggz Xenon on my Shield Pro so i guess i’ll be using Troy’s ‘fork’ to install Skeleton which i use exclusively on my BuzzTV x5 (there native IPTV player has been a PITA since i got it, but that’s another story for another day!) The Diggz build will work for awhile - how long it will exactly is anyone’s guess.

1 Like

Builds are just for installing your favorite add-ons all at once. Installing one by one can take awhile

1 Like

Welcome! It honestly doesn’t take as long as you might think to add the top 5 or 10 add-ons, just because a decent amount of these come from the same repository. I used to have large builds but since I started installing from scratch, it feels so much more streamline, optimized, organized and without the waste of add-ons that I don’t and won’t ever use.

6 Likes