If Diggz is out

sounds as if you need an iptv provider

3 Likes

You just go into the crew settings and change the playback from auto play to directory. Then you’ll be able to select the link you want if you need a lower file size.

6 Likes

I just do movies and shows. Three things I never (I really mean never} cared about or watched; Sports, since Joe Namath in the '70s, News, since The Huntley Brinkley Report signed off the air, and Weather of any type, as a Firefighter II - Medic when the tones drop you roll out. Now retired, I still don’t watch them. I quit paying for any service in 2003, just for my internet, and now, real-debrid. As for Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and all the others, you still wind up spending 70 -100 a month and still whach the same old same stuff. I’m free and staying that way. Thank you so much for the iptv provider advice.

4 Likes

movies and shows you might like Stremio, its a kodi alternative that I prefer.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll load it and check it out.

1 Like

I suggest a clean Kodi install. Keeping the no-built (estuary) skin. Install Two of the multiple good working stand alone tv-movie addon’s (with or without free links) I’ve used this method many times over the years and it is perfect for those that want to keep it simple.

1 Like

After puttering around last night I came to the same conclusion. Builds are nice, but when the developers disappear their great work disappears too. I was a big fan of Diggz, actually, it was the only build I have used. It was clean with lot of customization that allowed you fit it to your needs and looks, As they say; simple yet eloquently functional. So I am going back to simple. Thank you all for your advice and help. Have a blessed day.

I have the crew installed on kodi. Also I have the new skin unique installed on kodi. Is the Skeleton Crew the same thing?

I wouldnt say its the same. The skeleton is just a minimal build by @Jayhawks659

3 Likes

Take a look here for the best recommend aps with real debrid setup.

3 Likes

I have been using the Skeleton build by Jayhawkes659 and personally can’t find a better build for my purposes. Very basic, no fluff, cleans itself every boot, what more can you ask for

6 Likes

My biggest problem with Kodi is remembering to shut the video down or turn it off before I back out of Kodi using the back button.

2 Likes

I have Diggz Xenon on my Shield Pro so i guess i’ll be using Troy’s ‘fork’ to install Skeleton which i use exclusively on my BuzzTV x5 (there native IPTV player has been a PITA since i got it, but that’s another story for another day!) The Diggz build will work for awhile - how long it will exactly is anyone’s guess.

1 Like

Builds are just for installing your favorite add-ons all at once. Installing one by one can take awhile

1 Like

Welcome! It honestly doesn’t take as long as you might think to add the top 5 or 10 add-ons, just because a decent amount of these come from the same repository. I used to have large builds but since I started installing from scratch, it feels so much more streamline, optimized, organized and without the waste of add-ons that I don’t and won’t ever use.

6 Likes

I mainly just use Fen, Crew, Seren, and so the rest of build is kind of not needed. Even Diggz had a lot of stuff I never used, but as odd duck as that was, I really liked it. I backup kodi and I am going to try some other builds, starting with Skeleton crew and see which one pops a button.

2 Likes

Install the keymap editor add-on from the official Kodi repository in the program add-on section. Go into the full screen playback controls and change the button mapping for the stop function. Map it to your back button on your remote. Problem solved.

(Only change the button function in the full screen playback section or else you’ll have issues)

2 Likes

Thanks, but I will not try to configure kodi. Its a little over my head.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.