Icons missing on FS 4K Max

I have missing icons on some side-loaded apps on my Fire stick 4K Max. This used to happen occasionally on my previous FS 4K but then they re-appeared shortly thereafter. Troys fixes don’t seem to work (and I’d prefer not to use the text banner approach).

Anybody have a fix?

@OmniDeus

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

There isn’t one no matter what anyone tells you. All these claims of fixes are wrong, nothing you do brings them back, it’s up to the developers to code their apps properly, and seems they either can’t or it’s to much work. Mine has been that way since I got them, and I’ve tried every snake oil fix ever mentioned.

Miki what about the links in unlinked that claimed to fix missing images? …just wondering but I remember seeing that

Well that’s a new one. I don’t have unlinked but can fix that in a Jiffy. Do you have a name for this app or a link? Cause I’ll try anything to resolve this issue as nothing to date has worked.

well I never tried them cause I dont use firesticks but I remember seeing them in there. I cant remember exactly which store but im sure one of the bigger ones cause I only had a few.

Do you remember an app name by any chance as unlinked has dozens of stores and thousands of apps. I’d love to give it a go.

no particular app, it was shortcuts for apps that had no pic

look in store 12341234

the shortcuts have a red diagonal banner at top. Im looking at one for ola tv

Lol. Got them. tx. Now to give em a go. Found 2 out of 5 I’m missing. Great start. Hot damn that worked. Now to hunt for the others.

2 Likes

Also found an app for creating your own banner icons. Just have to learn how to use it. Yoohoo this is cool.

Well that failed. I tried everything they suggest but can’t find the file they need or even where it is. Oh well. May work for the ATV Launcher.

Just download Sideload launcher and then all you have to do is click on it and you’ll see all your apps with icons.

1 Like

If I could find an apk that doesn’t return a malware warning, false or otherwise, I’d use it. I’ve had it on 3 occasions and always a virus warning. But thank you for your suggestion it’s a good one.

Miki: I found 2 apps for PC: one enables you to create the needed shortcuts and the other ADB Link) loads them to Firestick. I’ve created and loaded several. Check out the “techdoctoruk” website. Search for “missing icons” for FireOS7 and then for ADB Link. It really works.

Hey tx for the suggestion. I will look at those. One question, are you saying there are Android Debug Bridge (ADB) commands to add the missing icons? If so that’d be great as I can install the ADB command interface from Troy’s RAI. Oh and you did say for PCs, and I don’t have or use a PC, so will it work on a Firestick?

Miki: ADB Link app comes 3 versions: for PC or MacOS or Linux. I believe that it does use ADB commands but the idea here is to use the “Android TV / Fire OS App Launcher Builder” on a desktop to build your shortcut and then use ADB Link on the desktop to load the shortcut over the internet using the Firestick’s IP address. I don’t know if the “Android TV / Fire OS App Launcher Builder” would work directly on a Firestick using a different ADB tool (I’m rather new to both Android / FS so know just enough to be dangerous :slight_smile: ). I suggest reviewing the instruction videos on the https://www.techdoctoruk.com/ website.

Ya it’s no good to me unfortunately. I thought maybe this was something new. Guess it isn’t. I don’t have any of the OS’s that this method uses. But tx for the thought.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.