I ordered starkink system. Best use

I have ordered the Starlink satellite system. Any suggestions for best set up, streaming, cord cutting, etc.

2 Likes

There’s is someone on here that just got one several months ago. So, do a word search in Insider and you will find it. He had a few picks of his setup, too.

Btw, how long ago did you put your name on the wait list?

1 Like

Davduck is the person they need to talk to.

3 Likes

Ordered feb 17, 2021. Not in hand physically. Notified it shipped Mar 1

1 Like

. Please keep us updated on your experience. Many people are wondering about this service. lol. I missed the 2021. So you ordered this last year?

Will do. Yes I ordered last year!

I want one :alien: heck im still waiting on a helium miner ordered last year :crazy_face:

Guys what am I missing here? What is this? spent only a few minutes on the website, put in my address to see what price would be and it said $500 for the HW and $99/Month. It also said “Starlink Premium users can expect download speeds of 150-500 Mbps and latency of 20-40ms, enabling high throughput connectivity for small offices, storefronts, and super users across the globe.”

I’m missing something because I have AT&T Fiber 1GB Speed and pay about $65/month for it. Or is this for people in Rural areas that don’t have many ISP’s?

1 Like

@rteee

All you need is internet, once you are up and running follow troypoints guides to cut the cord.

Ya, this is mostly for rural customers that have crappy internet. I’m to far north yet to get it, hopefully by the end of the year.

1 Like

I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago. yes it is for us rural pople who only get 25m for $70/month. I know it will take until end of the year into next, but I’m patient.

you need to use thier app to get vest loc to set up zero obstructions is the goal higher in the air is better you need thier adapter ordered extra to use ethernet conn
i set up thier router for wifi but i used thier adapter to connect to my house ethernet wiring
i run speeds between 220 to 280 as to steaming cord cutting starlink is just your internet provider so troypoint has lots of info on this i use iptv both paid and free i also use netflix and amazon i do have a nvida shield on starlink but mu favorite is the firecube cheaper and easy to use i dont use the custom lauchers so i havent had issue
i have had issues with nvida updates

2 Likes

I am also dying to know about starlink system. :+1:

For those who don’t know what Starlink is, it’s Elon Musk’s new space-based global internet system, using SpaceX rockets. Eventually, the entire planet will be covered and everywhere you go, you will have tremendous internet coverage, although they will concentrate on areas with no internet service, or very poor coverage. The signal is transmitted across a web of satellites out in space, using no fiber or copper cables and is beamed directly to your dish on your house. The reason there is such a wait is because Elon and company has to send the satellites up by SpaceX rocket and that takes a while. They eventually get the entire world covered, but as you can imagine, it will take a while.

Get more info at their official website https://www.starlink.com. Sign up and know there will be a long wait. But the sooner you sign up, the sooner you’ll get it. Just be patient! This is very high-tech stuff.

(No, I don’t work for them.)

1 Like

Still waiting on mine also. JChristina on you tube has a great series going on a variety of setup options, easy to follow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.