I have a question about apk for Firestick

1 Like

lol snap

Hahaha LOL.!! Try going to Google type in what you’re looking for and then put Troypoint in the search engine. I have better luck that way.

The Amazon apps can be “Force Stopped” so they aren’t running in the background. Helps increase data speed.

Simple step that takes two minutes.

Go to and click-on:
Amazon (starting page is where you want to be) > Click Settings (cogwheel on top-right side) > Click Applications > Click Manage Installed Applications

The Apps will appear in line.

1. Click Sort > Select “Alphabetically”
  2. Click your return button - It will show all apps page again
    You can view the cache used on the lower right side of the page. If the cache listed is greater than 500 kb, Click Down and Enter “Amazon Kids” - usually the first in line

Click Down and Enter “Clear Cache”
Click UP and Enter “Force Stop” the lettering will blink once.
Amazon Kids is complete

Click your return button
Click Down to the next App
Proceed as you did following step

Prior Message was a draft and mistakenly sent before completion - Please disregard the prior Reply

Here’s the Complete Reply:

Amazon Apps are permanent Apps affiliated with the Firestick and can’t be removed.

Amazon apps can be “Force Stopped” so they aren’t running in the background. Helps increase data speed.

Here are simple steps to minimize Amazon and other side-loaded app’s background activity that takes two minutes to complete.

Go to:
Amazon (starting page is where you want to be) > Click Settings (cogwheel on top-right side) > Click Applications > Click Manage Installed Applications

The Apps will appear in a vertical line.

1. Click Sort > Select “Alphabetically”
  2. Click your return button - It will show all apps page again with apps in alphabetical order
    When you scroll to any listed app you can view the app’s “Cache” (cache used) on the lower right side of the page. If the cache listed is greater than 500 kb, you want to clear your cache. If less, don’t worry…

A. Scroll Down and Enter “Amazon Kids” - usually the first in line
B. Scroll Down and Enter “Clear Cache”
You can see the cache reduction difference within the lower right-side data after clearing.
C. Scroll UP and Enter “Force Stop” - the lettering will blink once.
D. Click your return button

Amazon Kids is complete.

Click Down to the next App in line - there are usually 4 Amazon apps in a row
DON’T FORCE STOP THE APPS YOU WILL BE USING - JUST CLEAR THE CACHE ON THE APPS YOU USE

Proceed with each app as you did following steps A thru D

This quiets apps running in the background and enhances data speed.

1 Like

If you want to take it up a notch over your previous well written instructions, then on my 4K max I used a file explorer and on things like their music and kids apps I would actually go through the “uninstall” route. I wrote instructions on this a long long time ago and no longer use the Firesticks, but while you can’t actually uninstall them as they are protected modules, you can return each one to it’s “factory” settings which is a much smaller footprint, removing all the added data from updates. I use to do that about once a week. As mentioned this is an old topic and discussed in depth. If you use the site search you can find those threads, like the following>

TP Search!

3 Likes

I tried a suggestion to use the SILK browser and take some of the things off. Easier said than done. Was able to get a couple things off but either Amazon reloaded or I didn’t correctly get all parts off and I had to end up getting them back off the store. I would usually end up with only around 1.2-1.4 Gig of the 8 Gig available and got intermittent memory errors. Solved it by getting a Kinhank G1 box, 4G Ram, and 32 G storage. Works like a charm!

giphy

Not sure how the browser would help you take anything off the firesticks. So many protected modules and the best you can do is return them to factory.

Totally agree, can’t update the apps I use because of all the pre loaded ones I don’t :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I was hoping there was a way, but knew there wasn’t it’s a pain having to go in and clear cache and force stop but it’s worth it to free up space…thanks for bringing this topic up for discussion

1 Like

you can use a cleaner that will do it for you not sure what is best but a search on here will tell you

1 Like

I believe Amazon Music is removable

yes it is :+1:

I wish that there were!!!

1 Like

In the downloader app open Files and delete all the files, That’s usually the problem, These files are no longer needed.

Sorry I have no idea what you are talking about. That is certainly one method of deleting files obtained through the downloader app. But no idea why you’re telling me this…

There is a “Debloat” tool available elsewhere on the net that disables many of what you are inquiring. It doesn’t remove them, it just disables them.

I always delete my files per Troy’s detailed instructions been doing this from the beginning…thanks for your suggestion

For internal use, you will need to format it so that Android will recognize it. There are many YouTube videos on how to do this.