How to stop new firestick with FireOS 8.1.0.6 from going to sleep?

Ive searched and can’t find anything. I’ve seen ways to do it for FireOS 6 and 7 but not 8. Is it possible to keep my firestick from going to sleep? Its super annoying!

Sorry I think that is only for Fire OS 6 & 7. The adb blocking really screws things like this up. I am trying to find options for you, if there are any.

But the only option for Ambient Start is 5, 10, or 15 minutes. Unfortunately no never option.

I think its time to bite the bullet and buy an android box.

1 Like

Ambient start you can’t set to never, but ambient timeout you can. There’s two different settings. If you can’t keep it from starting, I guess you can’t keep the screen from sleeping. I looked at this on a new Max with Fire OS 8. I haven’t a clue how to shut this off without adb.

Firestick just isn’t what it used to be. I’m thinking about getting an Onn streaming box. Does anybody know about them? Can I do all the things I want to do without restrictions?

There’s a massive amount of posts and information on them here and on Troypoint.com, but yes, it will free you up to use a launcher or adb if you prefer. It uses Google TV and not Fire OS, which at the moment, has less restrictions. It is a very nice device for only $50.

1 Like