How to Stop IPTV Buffering

Your vpn will at times make a duel connection, its common in nord and most vpns. If for some reason you lose ping or packets it will say connected but no internet. When you connect to nord give it some time to setup, it was always the fastest when connecting. Nord does this on pc or windows the most.

About buffering:

Both me and troy have guides for it, but if everyone is experiencing buffering with paid iptv or free and have good down speed with an active vpn 9 times out of 10 its your provider. Unless its a verified network you will at some point get buffering. Depends on time of day, how many people are watching that channel and well to many connections on one server. These reseller panals your provider get are crap. There is only a handful of good ones out there and the rest piggy back of them so you will have service interruptions.

Did you set up the vpn on your laptop thru your account website or are you using a browser extension of it. I download & go thru the SS app for tv but set up my laptop via SS extension in Firefox & my other 2 browsers.

No, I downloaded the stand-alone app via the SS Website.

I just now did the SS extension for Microsoft Edge.

Thanks! That may be the solution. That little icon is no longer showing.

Out of curiosity…do a speed test on the stand alone vs the extension…I’ve found that I don’t lose the normal speed due to the encryption when using the extension…sometimes, I actually increase my throughput speed…very weird. Just did 2 speed tests…750Mbps WITHOUT VPN…890 WITH VPN. Test was done at exact same location, which happens to be in between my city & city where VPN was connected…& it definitely showed a different IP address…not sure how that’s possible. :thinking: :roll_eyes:

I am now getting this on my TV. Never seen this one before.

1 Like

Speed Test: M-LAB Speed Test by Measurement Lab

Extension: 430/21 (server: Washington, US)
App: 344/21 (server: Washington, US)
No VPN: 440/23 (server: Atlanta, US)

I ran the test 3 times for each connection.

IP: Spectrum 500 Down speed package

Connection: WiFi

Device: Dell Inspiron 1706 laptop

Roger that…so your extension is basically giving you the same speeds as when no vpn…that’s what mine normally does also…except for today’s test…that was a first getting faster speeds.

1 Like

What’s weird is I can still access all my apps via settings, and they will boot and play as normal. I just can’t access my Nvidia Home page unless I wilt to bended knee and do Google’s bidding. lol

I would just do the “Remove Account”, but then every time I wanted to use the Play Store, I bet I would have to login each time?

This is the pop-up warning I get if I want to remove all accounts.

I very seldom even use playstore for apps…Troy’s Toolbox…Unlinked…Downloader or just my browser…then I can look for newer versions…like from APKPure or UptoDown etc I always seem to jump around & search for latest versions…of which the playstore is usually late to get anyway :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m like a hobo hitchin a ride on a train. I go wherever it takes me! lol

Do you think if I use the auto on feature for the extension. Then that would only be enabled when I use my browsers, or would the vpn be on 100% of the time for everything?

I don’t have auto on thru my Firefox extension…but…extension would only be for that browser…I have to enable each extension for each of my browsers. Not sure how your set up was before but I’m guessing it worked thru your laptop hardware transmit/receive radios/ports…so the whole laptop was covered, no matter what you were using. Same as when we turn vpn on thru our streaming devices/tv.

Yes, that is exactly how I had it set up. I am going tom keep the app for things not associated with my browser, and I will keep the extension for all things browser related because it is better, convenient, and faster!

Sounds like a plan…I only use the vpn for my laptop on a few sites I occasionally surf to…or if I stream content on the laptop &/or cast it to my tv. Normal computer use is wide open to any gubment agency that is interested in monitoring my boring a$$…I’m just plain too old & ornery to care. :face_with_peeking_eye: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :eyes:

1 Like

Yup, in the same boat. Where I live in the hills, I doubt anyone is hacking my laptop and I rarely ever use my laptop to cast vids, movies, tv shows, or live anything.

The only time I might use it is when connecting to my bank, social security, Medicare, and my pension. Other than that, they can track the hell out of me researching sites for Insider peeps! lol

Now my tablet may be a different story and my phone is used primarily for ordering pizza. So, the guberment can track the delivery guy and maybe even give him some directions so he can get here on time for once! lol

1 Like

Back in the older days…well, a few decades ago anyway…we used to go relatively near your new neck of the woods for short weekend family reunions…that way, the peeps from up north & the peeps from down south would have apprx equal driving distance/time to get there & more would show up. Sevierville/Dollywood area of the Smokies…very pleasant area of the country :sunglasses: :+1:

Yup, that’s about a 1 1/2-hour drive from me. YES! It would be smokin’ to see Dolly’s mountains!

Nord could be the problem.

I had freezing (every 3 minutes) on Smarters and Tivimate (tho’ Tivimate would self correct after a few seconds) Still, it was unwatchable.

I finally found a recent Reddit post that said “Nordvpn is buggy right now. Switch the protocol from wireguard to Openvln TCP. Should work fine.” Low and behold, they were right!
The Post That Saved My Sanity

3 Likes

Hi All,

New to the group, thanks for having me.

I am seeking some help as I am stumped on a new things with IPTV specs. Long story short, freeze and buffer is driving me crazy and I am looking for some advise on where I may need to pin point.

Here is my set up:

• Buzz Box Classic 5 with Android 11
  • Built in Guide/Player with Buzzbox
  • Express VPN (location tried in CA and US)
  • 1.5gb internet (confirmed ISP is not throttling)
  • Ethernet connection - not wireless
  • IPTV server (lets just say they are top 5, located in UK)
  • Seems sports are what freezes the most. ie: 24/7 Star Wars doesn’t freeze

I have played with buffer sizes 3/5/10 sec and have tried different player formats, but honestly I don’t know what I am looking at. Still pretty experienced with IT stuff, but clearly needing help here. I have read many posts that the IPTV server is not the issue, I have even tried trials with other guys and same issue. Although, I am convinced that the “same guy” has about 10-15 sites with different names. I have even seen the name of their previous service accidently in the new service.

Anyhow, any help is appreciated.

Quite possible it is your Service, but still do all the stuff you can on your end. Change Ethernet cords, HDMI cables and reset your router, reboot device etc…keep reading here for various other tips and tricks. if all else fails, get another IPTV provider and keep the one you have as a backup. I try hard to get one where the servers are located in my home country, but that is hard to determine sometimes, at least it was for me. At any rate, others here (way smarter than myself) will surely give you a ton more tips to try. Don’t give up and keep reading!