How to remove Alexa from Fire TV?

Hi,
I switch on my Fire TV and Alexa appears at the bottom of my screen. I did not select to use Alexa and now that it is there my Fire TV does not respond to the buttons on the remote control. I do not wish to use Alexa. Bearing in mind that my Fire TV is not responding to the remote control does anyone out there know how I can permanently disable Alexa on my Fire TV. I never wish to use Alexa but I would like to be able to navigate around with my remote control which I am currently unable to do.
Help!!
Fingers crossed,
Wayne

Not sure, I’ve never seen or heard about that before. Have you tried unplugging and restarting the Fire TV? Did you try reprogramming the remote? Worst case scenario set the Fire TV back to factory specs.

You might try NEW batteries and see if that will fix it (that is how I fixed mine, after Amazon suggested it).

You might try to remove the fire stick device in the Alexa app

Hi,
Many thanks for the suggestion but I am not sure how you access the Alexa app.

Kind Regards,

Wayne

Hi,
Certainly tried unplugging and restarting but that did not do the trick. Not quite sure what you mean by reprogramming the remote or how it could be done if the Fire TV is not allowing me to change menus [interestingly, although Alexa script appears at the bottom of my screen I cannot seem to get Alexa to respond to any commands!]. Worst case scenario it might be but I would prefer to avoid that if possible.
Kind Regards,
Wayne

Hi,
Thanks for that suggestion. How did you manage to contact Amazon for their suggestion and was your problem the same as mine?
Kind Regards,
Wayne

You can download the p

You can also try and download the Firestick app to your phone from google play store to see if you can regain control. You can then go to settings and see the status of your remote.

Hi,
Many thanks for that suggestion. Well worth a try.
Kind Regards,
Wayne

Anytime there is a problem with the firestick, your first line of defense is to ALWAYS remove the firestick from the TV. Then, remove the power cord from the firestick. After there is are no cables or cords connected to the firestick, hold the naked firestick in your hand for about 30 seconds. This will allow the firestick to reset itself. Now, replug every thing back. This should solve the problem. If not, then something else is going on.

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion. After much head scratching the problem turned out to be an intermittent fault on the remote control. These intermittent faults are always problematic to solve.
Thanks again,
Wayne

1 Like