How to Install RedFlix Kodi Build - Step by Step Guide

Originally published at: How to Install RedFlix Kodi Build - Step by Step Guide

In this tutorial, we will provide you with instructions to Install RedFlix Kodi Build on your preferred device. This step-by-step guide will work for any device that you have Kodi installed on and this includes popular streaming devices such as the Amazon Firestick, Android TV/Google TV Boxes, as well as PCs, mobile phones, and even…

Kodi add-on problem - RedFlix (installed following the tutorial)

HELP Please! I installed RedFlix as directed, but it has taken over Kodi completely. When I open Kodi, RedFlix loads immediately. RedFlix has copied some Kodi menu items but not the ones that would uninstall RedFlix. It duplicated the Kodi home buttons so the power button closes Kodi, not RedFlix - Settings takes you to RedFlix modified settings. Add-ons only show RefFlix add-ons. I can find no way to get back to the “Kodi add-ons” where I could uninstall add-ons I didn’t want. I had a bunch of “Kodi add-ons” suggested by TroyPoint but no way to get to them.

The System screen is different, RedFlix added “Skin settings” and removed “event log”. None of the other buttons (File Manager, Add-ons, System and the rest) go to the normal Kodi setting but to modified settings that include RedFlix items and removed items that would get back to the Kodi settings.

None of the Kodi screens are accessible. I tried going to “My add-ons - All - My add-ons - red wizard - disable” but that didn’t change anything. I tried “Add-ons - Video Add-ons” and the only ones there are the ones RedFlix installed. Under My add-ons none of the ones I added are listed except “The Crew” but the Run feature is not available and greyed out. RedFlix is not listed listed in the “All add-ons - My add-ons” but “the Red Wizard” and “the Red Repo” are, and those could be uninstalled but I don’t think either of them would remove RedFlix. I decided to remove “the Red Wizard” and “the Red Repo” but RedFlix remains.

Autostart or partymode are not installed in Kodi or on the Tablet.

I hoped if I added another add-on I already had from the Kodi repository that might get me to the full list of Kodi add-ons, I installed Crackle but it only installed it to the RedFlix modified video add-ons.

I downloaded Kodi from the TroyPoint toolbox. I went to the “Play Store - Kodi - Run” but it started RedFlix too. I am concerned if I uninstall Kodi I could lose all my other add-ons or if their is an option to kept my setting, or other add-ons, it would also keep RedFlix’s control over Kodi. I tried to update Kodi 20.5 from the Tool Box version 20.5 but that didn’t make a difference.

I did an internet search for answers with no success.

I went back through your tutorial to see if I missed something but I didn’t see anything I did wrong. The only other solution is the last one, uninstall Kodi and loose everything. If anyone has a solution or advice please let me know.

Hello, @Reg1. The problem here is that you installed a build, not just an addon. A build is a collection of addons with a customized skin. It is meant as a self-contained package. Generally, when you install a build, it deletes whatever addons you had previously installed in Kodi, and replaces them with its own package of addons, as well as its skin. I don’t think there is any way to recover your missing addons, so you may need to clear Kodi data and reinstall your repository and addons individually.

Thank you hittingthree for your quick reply. There were several files in the repository, I may have picked the wrong one. I was afraid this was my only option. I cleared the data and played with Kodi to see what it did. Then, for my peace of mind, I uninstalled then reinstalled Kodi. I didn’t know apps could make Kodi builds. RedFlix seemed like an OK app so I’ll try again to load it and look for my mistake. I like several other apps better and will probably remove it afterwards.

Sorry my reply took so long. Apparently being a Patron does not let me post more than 1 reply every 24 hours. I’m still new to the forum.

Yes this is all normal. A Build is not an app . Think of a Build as a Foundation and the Addons that the Build Dev uses sit on top of the Build. Everything will be customized but you still have the same functionality. And yes if you install a Build it will wipe the individual addons that you had installed prior