How to Install Opera Browser on Firestick?

The Opera browser has several reviews that rate it at the top of the heap for firestick browsers. It provides built-in ad blocking and offers a free VPN. Now I am a huge fan of SurfShark, so I won’t be switching VPNs anytime soon, but I did want to install this browser on my firesticks.

Only problem, I can’t find any location for the APK to put into downloader, and thus I am not able to install it on my firesticks.

Can anyone help with this? please

Opera APK for Android Download

3 Likes

Any free VPN is worth exactly what you pay for it. It will never substitute for a real sub to a standalone VPN as your SS. It`s a great VPN.

2 Likes

So true, I wouldnt trust opera’s free vpn anymore than I would trust Firefox paid vpn.

Agree with the angst about security from Opera’s free VPN to some extent, but the real WIN with SurfShark is that I installed it on my router and thus every device on my home network, even the not so smart switches, lights and cameras are hidden behind the VPN.

HOWEVER, I really need to find a place to get the apk file for Opera and a growing list of other apps. Help please!!

1 Like

Get aptoide. Almost a duplicate of the play store.
https://opera.en.aptoide.com/app

1 Like

aptoids version is very out dated, it works tho.

Thanks for pointing that out TX. I missed that. Aptoide does have the newer version in there if someone searches.

1 Like

There are several apps on this apk that I would like to install on my Nvidia Shield tubes but after installing it I can’t get my remote to navigate around in the app. I can’t even locate its current position let alone get to the search bar, etc. Are you guys using a mouse instead of your remotes?

Yes many apps that are not approved will not work on the shield and actually its a reason you dont see many of your fav apps in the playstore as a requirement is remote compatability. However what the playstore does not take into account is 3rd party remotes that make the app navigation possible. I use an air mouse when needed but prefer default mouse on most devices.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.