How to Install Newest Surfshark APK?

Hello,

I have the Surfshark VPN, which, if I recall rightly, I downloaded and installed from the Amazon app store. My understanding is that doing so is not ideal, as versions in the app store are often not up to date.

*This message appears on my Firestick, connected to my TV. There’s no problem updating on my laptop.

Over the past few months, I have received the “You are using an old version of Surfshark. Download the latest version.”

However, when I attempt to download and install, this does not work.

Is there a way to fix this, or is it possible to uninstall and do a clean install from a better source than the Amazon app store?

Any insight or info greatly appreciated,

M.

Hello @mgmantho you can always get the most recent version from TROYPOINT Toolbox.

One thing to note. When updating to the new 3.2.0 version you must completely uninstall your current version on your device as they must have changed the package name as updating isn’t working with that version.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this information and the links as well. I really appreciate it because its driving me nuts.

Will uninstalling the older version of surfshark and installing the latest from Troy’s toolbox terminate my subscription to surfshark?

Thank you again for your help,

M.

Not at all. Simply uninstall the old one, install the new one and log in with the credentials you set up when purchasing your subscription.

Thank you for your response, Miki.

I did not record or save those credentials. May I ask what they are, and does the Surfshark app have a record of them?

M.

It’s your SS login name and password. You always have to keep a record of login name and passwords for apps you pay for.
https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003088933-What-to-do-if-I-have-lost-or-forgotten-my-email-address-or-password-#:~:text=your%20email%20address-,Reset%20your%20password,named%20Reset%20your%20Surfshark%20password.

Thank you for this information.

I greatly appreciate it. Take care,

M.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help! Updated surfshark up and running.

M :v::maple_leaf:

1 Like

Why can I not download the new Surfshark update using Troypoint? I tried several times. Always worked in the past. Says something about not being able to “parse”… .

I updated with Play-Store .

I AM NOT AN EXPERT, but did you delete the older version first?

Sometimes, when Surfshark alerts you that an update is available, you may be unable to do so within the application.

When this happens, and even when it doesn’t, I delete Surfshark and then download the latest version using the Downloader application, which you can install from the Amazon app store.

What version of Surshark are you running? The latest version I’m aware of is 3.6.1.

If you haven’t used it, Troypoint also has a video/screenshot tutorial for downloading and installing the latest version of Surfshark, which covers the steps above.

Good luck,

Mark

1 Like