How to Install Kodi on Mbox

Hi,

Seasons Greetings to you all,

Not sure if anyone can help or whether I’ll understand but let’s see. I have an mbox attached to my tv that I’ve had for a number of years. Some years ago I was running kodi.
which then stopped working. I installed Stremio which works sometimes but is constantly buffering which gets annoying on the older tv shows.
I’d like to go back to Kodi but really don’t know how to do it. If anyone can help I’d be forever grateful.

Thank you

Do a search on " how to install crew on kodi", install it. Then do a search on most popular addons for kodi. Decide which ones you want then do search on how to install. Done.

What you end up doing will come down to personal preference .
There are several good stand alone apps that can provide you a good viewing experience .
Kodi without a build is a good option as well.

I have kodi with a build on my laptop.
I have kodi with just addons , no build on andriod devices .

Once you decide on what it is you want , just search for informatiin .

Troy has tons of videos on all aspects of cord cutting .

Enjoy

Thank you so much for replying. I’ve just managed to install The Crew however there are no streams available on what I tried to watch. It only comes up with one provider with whatever I try to see. Is there something else I need to do.
Again, I’m really grateful for any help.

Install the latest Kodi … Use the Onyx build non debrid!!
Just Google Troypoint non debrid builds… Scroll down until you see Onyx non debrid…
Follow his instructions, setup is than less than 5 mins !!
Another option get the downloader app , then open it up be sure you have turned on developer options on!!! Then type flixvision.app in the URL space top page of Downloader app. Wait, a page loads scroll down, tap on Flix 2.4 version then wait. Tap on install, wait, then tap done. Then tap on the delete and once more delete! Now go back to your home page. Scroll to the right tap on your apps, wait, Scroll until you see a purple and white F, apk click it !!

You need a Real Debrid account added into The Crew.

What @Miki said. If you are going to use KODI best to get Real Debrid. Less than .10 cents/day

1 Like

Ask the KODI add on devs they’re a bunch of older guys never heard of mbox but they are expert power users on anything KODI related. They have a bunch of support groups that you can ask them directly on telegram app and there is a weekly live show for Kodi enthusiasts and devs. Cman from the cman repository is in there a lot and other popular Kodi devs. Y’all here might like the YouTube live shows they show you everything free you can stream on apps and show you how it works it’s called streaming matters. Probably can search YouTube and rewatch a episode and check it out very informative for cord cutting.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. Will take a look and see if I can figure anything out. I’m not the most technically minded but will try.

Scrubsv2 is for free streams, it gives you links for movies and TV shows.

Oh that sounds good. Where can I get that from please?

Scrubsv2

You can also use Asgard.

Thank you will take a look at the weekend

Not all that up on Kodi it’s all hit and miss
Depending on what you want to watch

But if you’re struggling

Open Downloader and search For

Troypoint.com and then search on troypoint for flixvision

It’s one of the best free apps around right now no buffering sound and vision quality is amazing I hope it sticks around for years to come we’ll better then a standard Kodi stream

Ahh thank you. I think this one is a bit beyond me. I’ve got downloader but not sure where to go now as I can’t see My Fire Tv on my box

Are you saying you have a device like a Fire stick plugged into your TV and you can’t see it? That display you show looks like your TVs home page display. The biggest problem with older box’s/devices is that developers have moved way past them and onto more modern devices. So some apps no longer work on the old stuff. Same goes for Kodi add-ons and Kodi itself. My recommendation for you would be to upgrade, even a cheap ONN 4K Box at just $20 would be a much better option for you and far easier to configure setup, and use. Way less of a headache and much easier to get help for with so many using them.

That’s exactly what it is. I have been given a brand new Amazon fire tv stick so that’s probably what I should be using now. Do I need to jailbreak that in order for these apps to work on it?

Many thanks

Yes. Do a search here for how to Jailbreak a stick as well as how to enable developer mode and optimize settings for privacy. If your TV doesn’t automatically switch inputs for active content then you may have to select the HDMI input on your TV remote, that the stick is plugged into. Lots of tutorials on troypoint.com that are very helpful.

Thanks for all your advice. Will come back if I run into any problems