How To Improve VPN Speed on Firestick, Fire TV, & Android TV Boxes

Originally published at: How to Increase VPN Speed on Firestick/Fire TV and any Device in 2021

This tutorial will show you how to improve VPN speed on Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV Boxes. There are a few tips that can be used to ensure we are getting maximum download speeds when our VPN is active. Prior to diving into the tutorial, it is important for you to know how a…

I’m glad you brought thia up. Recently I have noticed that IP Vanish has been more and more unstable in regards of getting a decent connection. I live in the Chicago are and have 64 servers to chooses from which is nice, but over the past few weeks they seem to get overloaded on weekends and weekday evenings. So much so that I recently had to connect to Canada to get a decent connection. Before it used to happen only occasionally, but has gotten so bad recently I was going to check out other VPN’s. Has anyone else noticed this?

I am in the western New York area.
Toronto Canada servers have been very spotty at best for a month or more, often can’t connect to any of them and even if you do connect the connection is repeatedly dropped. Very important reason to have the kill switch activated! Interestingly, when I was unable to connect to Toronto I was able to get a decent connection in Chicago. Occasionally I get good results from New York city servers. Hard to say how much of the trouble is network or server related, I do routinely restart all my devices/router/modem as well as clear the caches.

If it was my routers then it wouldn’t clear up by itself in 2 or 3 hours. I believe it must be overloading on their servers or in the network somewhere. When I have problems the ping will increase from my usual of 15 to 30 msec I usually have to over 100 msec…just my take on it.

Good point about checking ping on servers for a selected city. I’m in Texas and usually connect to Dallas servers which are pretty reliable, but a few times IPVanish was hanging up and when I eventually looked at the server list, everything was over 100 as opposed to the usual 18-24. Switched cities, problem resolved.

1 Like