How to grant apps Special Access to Android DATA and OBB directory files in Fire OS 8 on the 2nd-gen Fire TV Stick 4K & 4K Max

How to grant apps Special Access to Android DATA and OBB directory files in Fire OS 8 on the 2nd-gen Fire TV Stick 4K & 4K Max | AFTVnews

I hate to beat a dead horse. Don’t know why anyone would do that anyway. But I know this topic has come up but nothing really ever gets resolved. And they always ask what reason do I need to access those files… Umm like 20 reasons. can’t put duck station in because can’t move bios to needed folder, also can’t direct the emulator to the game folder. What is with the stock file manager. It is insane. The same goes with the psppss emulator… Everything gets stuck and gummed up… I even tried a Bluetooth mouse… Same games … Kodi can’t move files around… Thumbnails, box art, you name it. It has become a giant moron circus. I can’t wait till someone wakes up and makes a stick that is just a blank canvas, nice processor, decent space. No bloat ware, no selective subscription apps jammed down your throat and no file access walls… You would sell trillions… Until then. Where the heck are all the hack coders? Their has got to be a way around this silly kids stuff.

1. Have you heard of Raspberry Pi? If your primary objective is to play games then I’d suggest getting a 4B or a 5 if you’re going to play PS1 or higher games. They even make cases for them that look like mini retro game consoles. For a cleaner interface you can install retro pi or batocera. Once you connect your device to your local network you can access the file system right from your PC and move whatever you want. No need to transfer things via USB or download anything directly from your device.

2. You didn’t say what device you are using currently. The instructions provided above should help with your issue. And I don’t know about the fire sticks, but with my Shield I can connect to my local network and access files directly from my PC like I mentioned above for the Raspberry Pi.

1 Like

I use X-plore on the Shield Pro and have given permisions to access/data and /obb . Once given it’s permanent. X-plore has full instructions baked into it.