How to get fire os 7 on fire stick 2nd generation

How can I get the fire os 7 update on a fire stick 2nd generation?

Will fire os 7 be recieved by the 2nd gen fire tv boxes?

No, it won’t. Amazon aren’t updating the 1st or 2nd gen devices to OS7. OS5 is the best you’ll get.

3 Likes

Sorry about that. You can get a list of the latest updates to your Amazon devices by searching for “Amazon latest device updates”
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html%3FnodeId%3D200529680&ved=2ahUKEwiY3Zy09uz3AhUMg2oFHUIhCokQFnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0UWDSFgAqCJhf1fzl6Luhf

Ok. Thank you for the info.:+1:

Bough a FS Max for $35 yesterday, hope it will be as good as you say. It will be here today.

About the comment for browser on ONN, doesn’t seem there is one as good as Silk for the ONN.
Can’t get to the sport sites. Seems like the sites are blocked on ONN.

Sorry about the Onn. Seems there are a number of issues accessing some stuff on it. I don’t have an ONN unfortunately, to test, but I have some time so I’ll see if anyone has suggestions to help. I don’t know you well, but seems you’re learning real fast, so if you have questions about how to limit Amazon’s impact in the Max, fire me off a PM, or post a topic. Have a great day and I look forward to hearing about your new adventure.

1 Like

Hey @rjwinkler Let me know which sport sites on whatever playlist/app you think might be blocked & you can’t get to with your ONN & if I can, I’ll check with my ONN box…depending on what your trying to find & where you are on the planet. :cowboy_hat_face:

The reddit.com sites for sports.

redit.com.mlbstream.me (I use silk on FS). I sometimes forget how to send post to the right person. Can you also check on how to remap the 4 buttons on the bottom of the FS Max and the ONN., thanks in advance?

1 Like

What Miki posted…and…pretty sure they can’t be button mapped…tried every which way but Sunday. I remapped a couple of buttons on my remotes but forgot which ones & whether it was a long press or dbl press & hot of the press…so I gave up on the button mapper :roll_eyes:…but I do find that the mouse toggle Troy has is quite useful at times…did notice it wouldn’t open something in the receive part of my send anywhere app, so I have to use my wifi keyboard…c’est la vie. :cowboy_hat_face:

Will give it a try. The tutorial on utube didn’t work, it had separate apps for each button. The next day the guy comes on with a sm command with about 15 characters I will not try that again.

1 Like

Where do I get remapper from? I got an unlinked store to use 51829986, but you need a password?

It’s in the link I gave above. Any time you see a different coloured set of words, in an AFTV article, you click on it and it will take you to the page those words refer to.

I agree with you on this point. There must be another app to make these buttons useful. Remapper is not the solution., I sent an Email on this topic