How to fix a fire tv cube from flashing yellow when using a vpn

How to fix a fire tv cube from flashing yellow when using a vpn?

I’m using up vanish vpn

Does anyone have an answer?? I have the same problem

This almost sounds like why my KM6 works when “breathing green” instead of its normal blue. Green is supposed to be no internet connection, and I believe so is flashing yellow on the cube. The VPN I believe is the reason these signals get confused. If you turn off the VPN to stream verified stuff, does that yellow flash disappear?

1 Like

I found this. It’s a tad different from other posts I’vr read and may be worth trying. Seems there are 2 basic reasons.

• You have a notification from Amazon that your order has been delivered. Just say “Alexa, read my notifications”. She will respond and the yellow light will go away.

• There’s a reminder you missed.

• You have no internet. Since Alexa is a cloud service, she needs to be connected to the internet.

So the Amazon notification may be worth trying.

2 Likes

th

2 Likes

There’s always black electrical tape over the flasher…let your other echo devices tell you there is a notification.

1 Like

Miki’s reason number 3! It’s happened to me several times on my cube. And it was a loss of internet connection.

1 Like

Using IPVanish I took another member’s suggestion and did split tunneling for all the Amazon stuff and no more yellow light.

1 Like

Where can i find the split tunneling setting on a fire cube?

1 Like

It’s a feature built in to most vpn. So in the vpn app settings.

Untitled video

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.