How to Expand Internal Storage on Firestick & Fire TV Cube

Originally published at: https://troypoint.com/expand-fire-tv-stick-4k-internal-storage/

The biggest complaint regarding the Amazon Fire TV Stick is the lack of internal storage. This device comes equipped with 8GB of internal storage but only 5GB is available due to the Fire OS operating system and apps that Amazon pre-installs. That remaining 5GB is quickly chewed up after we install all of our favorite…

3 Likes

Great guide, but I’m having issues. I have gotten the stick (4K second edition) to put apps on the USB drive, but that drive neither shows up under “storage”, nor do recordings go to that USB when using Tivimate. I set it up using the " sm partition disk:8,0 mixed 50" setting.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I am following this guide on a 4K Max firestick, running OS 7.6.6.4 (PS7664/3772). I installed X-Plore File Manager from the Amazon App Store, as the instructions said. I have Developer Options enabled, and made sure X-Plore was enabled to install from other sources. When I select an app to move (MAX, in my case) and select “Copy to Clipboard”, the X-Plore UI freezes. No response to any remote clicks, except for Back. If I click back a couple times (without exiting), then I can move to the Internal Storage/Download folder, as the instructions say. However, hitting Back must clear the clipboard, because I no longer have the Paste option when I get there. I’ve tried using Move, as well, but Move doesn’t seem to give the option to change the destination (which is probably why the instructions use Copy to Clipboard, and then manually uninstall the app). What am I doing wrong? Or what should I do differently?

Pay attention to the arrow direction near top of screen. Select destination direction on one side and move or copy to the other.

easier method. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv96IEZoyz4&list=PLRoCquN1-a-ioknbBOAhoBjDnM7Cw4hei&index=7

If you read comments on EXPAND you see lots of issues. Don’t bother. Use NAS instead.