šŸ”’ How to Bypass VPN Blocks on IPTV Services & Apps

Surfshark is finicky with some IPTV services, as I have a couple ITPV services that Surfshark will not work with,but I put same services on Ip Vanish and the problem’s solved

Are you having Surfshark issues? Tunneling doesn’t seem to work very well. I have some almost daily websites that I am now blocked.

@jorom I get blocked on Costco, my bank and a few other sites. I just PAUSE for 5 minutes, log in and then RESUME. It’s a pain but I’ve gotten used to it.

A lot of websites have security software that can mistakenly identify a VPN as a malicious attack.

Try it with clean web off.

What is clean web?

I just checked. It was off.

I am having trouble using a VPN and being able to watch streaming apps. I have tried both Surf Shark and Nord VPN, and both give the same issues. The live TV apps I open work perfectly without connecting my VPN but the live TV apps indicate ā€œunable to connect to serverā€ if I connect either Surf Shark VPN or Nord VPN and then try to open the live TV app.

Has anyone else had this issue and know of a way I can use a VPN service while watching these Live TV apps?

Try it with the clean web off in SurfShark or in Nord turn off threat protection.

have you tried changing the server locations that the VPN’s are connecting to…along with what @Miki mentioned…

Great points from @Miki and @itzme and I’d start there. This will help you out - https://troypoint.com/bypass-vpn-blocks/

ā€œWhy Are IPTV Services Blocking VPNs?ā€

Troy: You don’t actually say ā€œwhyā€ in the article, just that they ā€œdoā€.

Thank you Miki and itzme! I did try both of these options and unfortunately had no success.

Thank you as well TP-Ryan! I plan to try IP-Vanish and follow that tutorial next to see if that works.

Nord, Vancouver Canada 1569/1588 work for me. Also you should look into Nord Obfuscated Servers and give one a try.

Going to give that location a try as well. Thank you!

Good Morning! I know this topic has been covered before, but the answers are years old. In any event, I cannot get TiviMate to work properly with VPN on. I have both Proton and Nord; same result. All my other streaming apps work perfectly with VPN on, so it is really confusing. Especially that this issue started two weeks ago after years of flawlessly playing with VPN on. Any ideas?

I really don’t like the idea of ā€˜Split Tunnel’ as it defeats the purpose of a VPN. In my limited experience i have everything i could think of. Also, the streaming service I use with TiviMate specifically states it does not block and, in fact, encourages the use of VPN so that doesn’t appear to be the cause. H E L P! Please. Thank you.

Hello, it’s not TiviMate, it’s your IPTV service. See the following tutorial and watch the video.

If you’re using Proton’s app on your streaming device, try disabling ā€˜NetGuard’. Miki posted a link describing how to do this with several VPN services.

Contact your service provider - I am sure you are seeing an error code.

All current private url that worked with vpn will no longer work using a vpn on many services.

There is a new url which will ONLY work with a vpn