How the “Windows Tech Support” Scam Aims to Hijack Your PC and Steal Your Data

How the “Windows Tech Support” Scam Aims to Hijack Your PC and Steal Your Data
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/anatomy-scam-windows-tech-support-con-examined/

1 Like

Before we get into that, there is background services in windows you need to turn off, it reports all your data right to Microsoft. Windows has built in keyloggers is what im saying.

2 Likes

I used to frequently get calls from Apple Support, saying something about my iCloud account had been compromised. Or something to that effect. Super easy to immediately identify this as a scam because I don’t have or use any Apple products and told them so. Even more stupid, they kept calling back with the same speil! Always spoofing their numbers for Caller ID. Persistent little buggers, very dumb, but persistent. Like mosquitos.

3 Likes

That used to happen to me, also. But, I had the home phone line disconnected as most of the calls were either scammers or someone asking for a donation. So far, no calls from them on my mobile device.

1 Like

@TP-Dracoo your not going to tell us which services your talking about??? or at least a link to an article…i did a search and it brought up this thread…soooo :thinking:

I guess i could. But its also all over the internet on what to shut off and turn off in windows. Reporting services and data services for one. Feedback and ads services.

well, that’s a start @TP-Dracoo, :man_bowing:Thank You…i merely asked here as i turn to Troypoint for an unbiased, no agenda source of information… :+1: well, that and all the cool stuff that @Powerfader continues to entertain us with… :partying_face: