How much space is needed to use Tivimate?

I use the Firestick with 8gb of space. I thought Tivimate needed only 11mb of space. When I record, I noticed it stopped after five minutes and my Firestick (that had 1.7gb of free space) was full. I am thinking of purchasing the ONN but that also have 8gb of space; therefore, I figure the same thing would happen if I used it. I like the Firestick since I can take it with me to hotels or friend’s houses. Does anyone have any suggestion? I am looking into buying the MECOOL KM7 Plus would this be better with Tivimate?

Thank you

For recording you need external storage.

Full High Definition (30FPS) 1 minute 124mb
Full High Definition (60FPS) 1 minute 205mb

1 Like

On any HD recording I did for say a TV episode, TiViMate used 1 GB per hour on my system. This seemed to be virtually the same on my Buzz U5 added SSD installed in the onboard bay, or my Shield Pro internal storage.

Thank you very much

1 Like

my opinion, get the mecool km6 it’s a good box and 64 gig storage, that you will eventually use, I haven’t heard much good on the km7, I know the km6 is good.

Gentlemen,

Are there any tutorials on how to set up Tivimate or is it self-explanatory? Also, should I buy the Lifetime subscription to be used on the Shield Pro? Thank You all for your sage advice. Slainte!!!

Lifetime sub is worth every penny. It’s all I use on my Shield Pro. I have tons of TiVi links. I’ll get ya one and then more on specific topics if you need it. brb.

Thanks, Miki you’re the best!

Miki, will this work on my TCL Roku TV? Thanks brother.

the app is 29.07 mb i have 1 gb of data in mine so total is 1.o3gb but i have 25 playlists loaded

I think as long as it’s a smart TV with the proper ports it will act as just a monitor for your Streaming device. That is assuming you’re not trying to install the app onto the Roku Tv as I’m sure that won’t work.

Thanks, Miki for your speedy response. If I don’t install the app how am I going to be able to see different movies? Sorry for the dumb ass questions.

tivimate is just a player it has no content you have to provide content to it via playlist or m3u

TiViMate is only for live TV or if your sub has VOD as part of the playlist, you will get Movies. For my Movies or TV series I use Stremio and I have OnStream as a backup.
FYI my TiViMate takes up 525MBs on my Shield Pro, but I only have 3 playlists with 10 EPGs.

Hey Miki,

Of the two which is the better way to go for just movies? I have Syncler with Real Debrid, should I just stick with this? Thank You.

Syncler+ w/RD is excellent. A very good alternative is free Stremio

2 Likes

I can’t honestly tell you which is best for you or anyone. I tried Syncler but did not find it fit my needs. There are others here who use and love it. I use Stremio with RD exclusively and on my Nvidia Pro, for Movies and TV series, it works flawlessly. We all have our different ways of doing things.

1 Like

Thanks, Miki and Powerfader.

1 Like

I have the Amazon cube and use a scandisk external 256 gb flash drive plugged into the cube. I have no problems recording nor storing recordings of any sizes. Please note you can’t store any apps on your external flash drive. Cube 3 uses a usb connection. Cube 2 uses a usb-c connection. Good luck