How do you change a movie to speak in english

Was watching a movie on Kodi but it was in a different language than english. Everything shown on the screen was foreign and the actors spoke in foreign language and even had subtitles other than english. Any way to change that?

3 Likes

If you pause the movie, one of the icons next to the play FF and RWD icon will be the audio icon. If you click on that, it will show you all the available audio languages. Choose English and then hit play. There is a subtitle icon as well.

There is also an option in the Kodi settings to set the Preferred Language and Subtitiles to English as well, so only those streams will be shown.

10 Likes
2 Likes

Sometimes a link will be in a different language. If you know the movie should be in english and its not, back up and pick a different link.

2 Likes

Ok thanks. But I don’t see where I can change links on Seren. It chooses the link.

1 Like

Thanks Canonbenny and Jayhawk, but I looked at all those settings, and they were already set to english.

Change it to source select in settings.

2 Likes

Was the movie in a foreign language and you were hoping for an English dubbed audio track?
Not all foreign language movies will have this option, however you may be able to find English subtitles

2 Likes

What MikeN said. If this is a foreign movie to begin with and was produced in another language then you’ll be really lucky if you can find a stream with an English audio track. Your best bet would be to turn on English subtitles and find a stream with them.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Please tell me where " an option in the Kodi settings to set the Preferred Language and Subtitiles to English" is as I cannot find it. Unless your talking about ADDON settings and not Kodi settings.

Thanks

English subtitles fine I use then as many actors mumble in English or the UK movies hard to understand what form of English …but if I wanted closed captions I would read a book …by the way why don’t the media use closed captions in English instead of sign language …by the way sign language is in different languages also …

I literally posted a link above to the video I made that covers this.

It is woke Hollywood and tv world even if a show is in English if actor playing a non English speak role the language will be in that actors language many times even cc does not translate to English…if WWll movies of past were aired today the axis actors would all speak German Japanese Italian…with cc English…maybe…Netflix only server that offers 100% dubbing in English

What is “woke” Hollywood? And what does it have to do with streaming? This term woke has to be the dumbest ever.

1 Like

Woke Hollyweird

Seems like every movie they make multiculturalism takes place. What ever nationality the actor appears to be that is the language used thus either english in CC if you can get it or the cc says
Speaking in foreign language….this is woke …