How do I see what server my IPTV provider uses?

Does anyone know how I can tell what server an IPTV provider runs on? Wanting to decrease chances of complete outage on when my primary IPTV service is on the fritz and make sure my back up IPTV providers don’t go down as well due to a same-sever overload. Which has been happening to me lately. Not sure if that is the case, or just an incredible coincidence in bad timing on each of my providers when it does occur…just trying to be proactive now and in future when shopping around.

2 Likes

the only way i have found is trial and error

1 Like

Not sure if this is what you mean, but you can open up a channel with an external player (a certain older one) and it will show you the full url of the channel. This only would apply if say you are using an iptv app that has the server part hardcoded and you are just typing in your username and password with no knowledge of the http part.

3 Likes

As Davduck mentioned, it is difficult to pinpoint the origins of these services. We figured out a few that were on the same server because they were down at the same time consistently. There are so many resellers of IPTV services it is crazy, so knowing all of them is very difficult. I would utilize the resources and information here as best you can, and keep testing these out to get multiple sources that hopefully never have any “down” time at the same time.

2 Likes

If channel counts are similar swap urls you may find they work with other service. Ask here. I try to make the connections. I keep notes.

2 Likes

Right. But isn’t it also true that sometimes specific channels are all using the same source (most often regional locals, but others too), and when a specific channel goes down on 1 service it goes down on all the other services using that source. So there could be just shared individual channel sources and not necessarily shared servers.

1 Like

Agree. That part definitely trial are error. I am told only 3 main sources for locals.

1 Like

Interesting, and I don’t doubt that. That definitely would explain a lot. Only 3 sources for locals.

Double checked. Correction. Down to two with locast shutdown.

Wow, 2. Well that’s not good news. Not at all. I’m trying to remember the locals list everyone was using several years ago. Something like Playstation Vue or PS Vue?

1 Like

if the seller is selling more than one product you can count on them being a reseller
if i was young again i can see why i would want to try it lookinging at the programs for reseller and you could make some money doing it – you also could go to jail

1 Like

Majority are resellers. Hard to find the main source sellers. Some out there only have resellers as customers and don’t sell to regular customers.

I would always compare the email credentials sent to activate the service…if you put them side by side you can usually glean similarities in the body of the email instructions…look at the xtream code addresses & server port #s at the end. When loaded into your player…also look at the full playlist/s for similarities…sometimes, the way they’re set up is identical…obviously, except for your password & the name of the particular service… GL2U :cowboy_hat_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.