Here we go again...... Cinema alternative?

OK, I know this has been asked before but this one is a little more specific. Cinema has been flaky for the last several months and the developer appears to have abandoned it. I have several relatives for whom Real Debrid and a VPN just isn’t going to work, so they need an APK like Cinema that works well without either of these. I used to use BeeTV and TeaTV but they both have major issues now. I’ve been installing Flixoid for them of late but the internal player(?) has several significant limitations.

Any takers?

6 Likes

Stremio It’s all I’ve used for years. Addons similiar to Kodi. I only use it for Movies and TV series and it’s well maintained and updated regularly. A small learning curve at first. Please always use a VPN with this app for your own security.

6 Likes

Take a look here for the best recommend aps with real debrid setup.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. Yes, I use Stremio and Kodi too, as my main apps and I’ve read the Troypoint article. But they don’t want to set up RD or a VPN so that cuts down the options.

It looks like I’m going to set them up with Flixoid and MXplayer as most of my older favorites (TeaTV and BeeTV) have gone downhill fast over the last year.

5 Likes

@sktn77a

As options are limited and things move to private ends you are left with only a few things.

Weyd
Syncler
Kodi
Stremio

They are the best currently with rd.

5 Likes

Stremio provides many many links without RD, or any premium service.

4 Likes

I’ve tried to avoid any apps that pull in torrent files (like stremio) for them.

1 Like

What is your reason for avoiding torrents?

1 Like

Why? Torrents aren’t as unsafe as you think. Back in the 90’s I had my own torrent site and my uploaders had strict guidelines like encrypting headers. But it’s why I suggested a VPN.
As mentioned I’ve done this for over 30 yrs and I’m still at it. But the choice is yours of course. I just provide quality info and you choose what to do with it.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

4 Likes

@sktn77a

I get why you would, stremio with a vpn and you will be fine.

Vpn
Deluge
Socket 5

If on pc and downloading. You dont have to use torrents, but if you follow the above you should be fine.

2 Likes

Torrent files are seeded from your device and can be identified an located by “big brother”. So, as they don’t want to use a VPN, I don’t want them to have apps that use torrents.

1 Like

You can chose not to seed and instead just leech. Worth noting, if you use any social media platforms, they use BitTorrent within their platform to allow the transfer of data between the millions of online users. NHS servers also use it, so I wouldn’t be too quick to think its dodgy at every level, its a legitimate and excellent way to effectively share data.

1 Like

@sktn77a

Not if you are doing it properly it wont be tracked. But just saying. You do you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have recently been using Freeflix and it seems mostly to work quite well. Was obviously using Cinemahd then Beetv and Teatv but as said neither of these are as good as they used to be.

As I mentioned, if done properly then headers should be encrypted and thus noone knows what you’re seeding. In and of themselves, torrents aren’t illegal, it’s the content That may be. Torrents were started to circumvent certain laws, as you are never “sharing” the entire file to one individual but just a piece of it. Similiar to previews. Anyway imho not just torrents but any streaming should be done with an active VPN.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

4 Likes

Yes, I can do that with BitTorrent, etc, but how do you do that with Stremio and other apps that use torrents?

1 Like

It’s a little different that using a Torrent site or App. The content there is dependant on many factors, mostly the users participating by being online and ‘seeding’ to allow faster and more reliable streaming and downloading. Addons and APKs in general use designated servers to ‘host’ content. Albeit from 3rd parties etc, but it means the content is cached and available to the masses irrespective of the common seeding/leeching operational routines.
Simply put, you are VIEWING content from a select series of hosts, so be confident that your connectivity has very little to do with the service in general. You aren’t opening yourself up to the vulnerabilities that may concern you while using Torrent software etc.

1 Like

F+ works great for me real debrid plenty of links and plays movies and series that other apk dont have links for

4 Likes

I’ve been using FilmPlus+ (with ads) for several weeks now – works pretty well WITHOUT real-debrid. Last week NOVA was also pulling in links quickly - however, not enough settings options for me. :v:t2: