Help understanding URLs with IPTV

I’m still learning about IPTV and I have a plan with 4 connections. They gave me 2 different URLs to use. Why? I currently have 4 devices on the same URL. What would be the reason for the 2 different URLs? Should I be using 2 devices on 1 URL and the other 2 on the other? Would that cause less buffering?

that im guessing is url(m3u) and epg(guide) links

1 Like

I’m not sure what u mean. .the URL link they gave me to enter into the Xtreme code spot on tivimate. They gave me 2 different ones, why?

2 Likes

have you tried both? is there a difference? its possible they offer more than one option to the network.

1 Like

I currently have 3 different xtream codes for my service…they all end the same tho .xyz:####. I assume yours do the same…? Just different addresses ending at the same server port…not sure why. I have 2 actively loaded in my Tivimate player & the other loaded but disabled. I don’t use a backup so my channel favorites are 1 from each of the active urls…sometimes the streams are the same, sometimes one is a skosh ahead of the other… :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I haven’t… I was afraid to add another because I have it on 4 devices already… I wasn’t sure what it would do. Should I remove the playlist on one device and use the other URL to see what happens or can I just add another playlist on the same device?

You can add all you want…you can only have 4 connections going at the same time…over one or both urls…

2 Likes

They do end the same…only a couple letters different…so they probably do the same? I’m guessing that wouldn’t matter if I had all 4 connections on the same URL then.

So it won’t buffer more while using 4 on one URL than using 2 on each. Sorry for the stupid questions. I’m still learning :rofl::smiley::rofl:

I would say the buffering has more to do with your network bandwidth. 4 connections is a lot…what is your Modem/Router/Network (ISP,speed) set up like?

1 Like

Theoretically…no…but I still use both on my Tivimate. If you want to set up one Tivimate & then copy to the other 3…let me know & I’ll explain how you can do that.

1 Like

We have over 400 right now. We aren’t having an issue at the moment but did. I’m thinking it was just a problem on their end. We were only using 2 connections at the time.

Hey HS…

Diffrnt url’s just means they offer their service on multiple servers,
usually for traffic reasons or stabilty

Connctns are how many feeds you have access to

hth…

2 Likes

Omg that would have saved me so much time… I did all 4 individually… added all my favorites… I didn’t know u could do that… I’m sure there is a lot I don’t know about tivimate but I do know I love

So then 1 server might be better than the other? That might help with buffering

2 Likes

Do a Tivimate backup on the original one you set up…then send that backup via Send Files to TV to the other devices on your network…then just restore that backup to each Tivimate player.

1 Like

Ty so much for the info… I’ll have to back it up so I have it saved

1 Like

In my experience with using my 2 xtream codes…when a channel is down on one…it’s also down on the other. If one channel is buffering & I switch to the same channel on the other url it may clear…but then again, if you start to buffer freeze on any channel…just click on another channel & click back…that usually clears it up…unless there is a serious problem going on.

1 Like

Yes that’s what we do click on another channel and back … the other day that wouldn’t work so I’m thinking it was on their end.

one of my servers has multiple same channels, you never know which one will be on its game, it changes

2 Likes