Having trouble setting up Seren

Having trouble with set up.
I have followed Troys tutorial to a “T” and failing.
I get to the option of installing providers, wait for 100%,
and the “Install” window does not load.
Have tried 4 times with 2 different sticks and my Cube
same problem no “Install” window.
I opened Seren got through all steps til I get this
“It seems you have no Providers Installed”
Are you sure you want to continue??
with a yes and no option. Yes says no sources…
What am I missing here??

1 Like

Hi @travvlur
I can appreciate you frustration and question. So, I say this with all due respect; that error message indicates a miss spelling of the add-on URL’s.
The add-on needs a provider package:
Click on Seren>Provider Tools>Web Location >Provider Packages>Install Provider Package.
Type http//bit.ly/a4kScrapers (must be exact or it won’t work)
Click Install>yes
Wait till you get the message the package was installed. Hit your back button a few times to get back to the Kodi Home Screen.

5 Likes

All was typed correctly. As I said I don’t get a “Click Install window”

1 Like

@travvlur

What version is your kodi install?

1 Like

In the url, did you put in an upper case S for Scrapers?

3 Likes

I hope it’s ok to add to this post as I have a similar issue and one more. I have followed the video and have installed Seren with Trakt and Real-debrid but, it seems like when I use Trackt Collection of either TVshows or Movies only 20 or 30 items come up (for example in The Crew I get 148 items - shows) So I re authorized Trackt and still not loading my complete set of TV shows or movies. Any suggestions? My scrapers loaded as instructed in the install video.

i had the same issue as you … UNTIL i realized that i misspelt scRapers… yes i left out the r and i put in a extra p… once i corrected my mistake it did work flawlessly… ps i just did this last night

This is the most common mistake and the cause of most reasons Seren won’t operate properly.

I did follow all spelling and after 4 times when I installed real debris, authorized it nd did the premiumized thing. When I seek movie I get the list but he a top right hand box reads NO PLAYABLE SOURCE FOR THIS MOVIE. I TRIED 20 DIFFERENT MOVIES AND IT KEEPS THE SAME THINNG COMING UP. ALSO I TO EXPERIENCED NO BOX INDICATING I HAVE INSTALLED THE PACKAGE THEREFORE IM DEAD IN THE WATER. I CHECKED AND RECHECKED THE SPELLING. IVE USED THIS SERVIVE FOR OVER 4 YEARS AND AM DISGUSTED NOTHING , NOT ONE THING WORKS. PLEASE HELP. OH IF I WANTED TO START FORM SCRACTH HOW DO I DELETE ALL THE INFORMATION ALREAY THERE. LIKE IT SHOWS I INSTALLED 4 DIFFERENT PACKAGES ALL WHICH DO NOT WORK. HELP PLEASE. THANK OU. I HAVE A FIRE STICK 4 K AND A BRNAD NEW SAMSUNG HIGH END TV WHICHHAS A FIRE BOX BUT I DO NOT USE IT. THE SETUP GUY SAID FIRE STICK IS MUCH BETTER THEN SAMSUNGS PROPRIETARY ONE.

Hi @Dlish
First off, welcome to the community.
I understand your frustration. So recently Seren updated, so make sure your updated.
As for getting no playable source, I’m not sure how much help I can be if you are adamant about ensuring your url input for Seren was spelled correctly and your input for the scrapers package url was spelled correctly. You also stated that your real debrid account has been authorized.
So unless you are experiencing some sort of decrease in download speeds from you router and vpn; then my suggestion clear cache, and restart your device.
If that doesn’t solve your issue, then I would uninstall and delete Seren and do a fresh install.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.