Has the insider and Troypoint become irrelevant since the deletion of certain not to be mentioned topics. What’s the point now. It’s like freedom of speech no longer exists in this forum. Talk about anything you want except for the one thing that started this entire forum.
I can only speak for myself, but, Troypoint forums and site is as relevant and beneficial to me as it ever has been.
Every single day I learn something new, pick up a new tip, or most importantly, very rarely I can share something I have learned or noticed that may be of benefit to some one else.
@gonzo333 , ya just gotta roll with the punches…

I’ve been around for 7 years and that isn’t what started the forum. Still plenty to learn from each other and the IPTV stuff is all the same anyway. They are all reselling the same 6 to 10 services.
I’d say, somewhat less relevant, or more accurately, less useful for a newbie trying to find an affordable alternative to say YouTube TV for live programming.
Not a matter of freedom of speech. You have it entirely wrong. It’s due to the necessity of obeying the law. If you can afford to pay the site lawyer to fight government rules, the law, and the internet police then please say so and lets get your information and start the money transfer.
Whether I have and use the “certain not to be mentioned topics” or not, I have always believed that the best way to cord-cut is to get as many legit options under your umbrella as possible. I have apps like Philo, Plex server, climbed in my attic and installed 2 antennas and hooked them to a HD Homerun box to enjoy from all my TVs, use free/legit apps like Pluto, etc etc etc. Keeping that in the back of your mind each day, I think Troy’s insider is more relevant than ever! The “other” stuff that we don’t speak of could be taken away at any time in an instant, that is the nature of that business. Setting yourself and your family up for the long term and utilizing the knowledge in here, makes you a smart, confident cord-cutter.
OP you make a fair point. There is certainly much less discussion now that we can no longer talk about IPTV services. I feel lucky that I have truly been able to cut the cord and “set myself up” but that would never have happened without the resources that were previously here. I see the posts from those that are not as lucky and feel bad.
If I were just starting out I would have no idea where to go for the info I received here that is no longer available. I understand why this had to happen but it’s a bummer that this is the way it is.
Been doing this for a while and the one thing I’ve learned is you gotta adapt to stay alive
It seems like there should be a way around this problem without exposing anyone legally. Last year when I became a patron, I was shocked to see Troy’s good videos were gone before I got a chance to see them. Now we can’t talk about services either ? Everyone here is amazing and I have no regrets, but this is disappointing.
What ever floats your boat, right now Troypoint is keeping his boat afloat, do what you say and it will sink…simple as that.
I’ve been following TroyPoint for years was just a little slow on the draw when deciding on being a member but I know not the sharpest tack in the box LOL but glad I did and do appreciate all I have learned and aquired from here and from everyone and I will always be grateful for everyone! And Glad I am Here!!!
@blackbear I’m confused. Do what who says ?
Those who are advocating for continuing the discussions and threads on Unverified AKA illegal IPTV services. Those are being watched here and noone is naive enough to think that ACE does not have Insider Patrons here watching. So, for this site to survive, and continue, as well as cut the cost of defending itself from those players, Unverified IPTV discussions had to go.
Everybody is free to discuss legal paid IPTV services, as well as free ones. Discussions on issues with those, or configuration issues, or really any aspect of those services and the apps associated with them like VPNs, are certainly permitted. Configuration help for IPTV apps that do not contain any content are also allowed. It’s a matter of shifting focus a bit and being here for all the amazing Insiders that need help with all legal aspects of Cord Cutting, including their equipment even.
What Miki said is correct. There are limits to ‘free speech’. For one, this is a private forum, meaning the owner(s) is allowed to set his or their rules. Moreover, criminal activity is not covered in our 1st amendment. It wouldn’t be legal to discuss hooking up for drug dealing or conspiring to commit an axe murder (though axe murder is legal in Canada).
Not only that. They are focused on shutting down any sites that promote, discuss, advocate for, or offer info for, illegal/unverified IPTV. It’s all about the copyright. TP has tens of thousands of members and with each of us having a sphere of influence for 4 to 6 other friends or family, this amounts to a significant amount of TP info getting on line. That info must be legal. So having said that I am sure you can see how TP is not an “Individual”.
End user’s have been caught and punished in Italy and in GB, IIRC.
The 1st Amendment protects your rights against the government. Freedom of speech, press, religion, assembly and petition. It does not mean you can say anything to everyone without consequences. Basic Reading skills required.
You are FREE to say anything about IPTV you desire and Troy is FREE to delete your comments and ban you because Troy is not the government!
It is a shame that censorship on the net is getting a foothold. I don’t blame Troy for doing what he has to do to stay legal. Since Troy does not sell IPTV, I don’t understand how just talking about these services puts him in jeopardy ?
perhaps so, I’m in the USA and I don’t believe anyone has ever been busted here. I have no concerns but understand why we are on lockdown here as a site
Because it amounts to Troy certifying these services as being legal by offering a forum to permit access to and assistance for illegal IPTV
