Google TV is about to get a remote that never runs out of power

Maybe :roll_eyes: :bone:

Google TV is about to get a remote that never runs out of power - Android Authority

1 Like

That’s funny…someone at Google must have found a 1970’s solar powered calculator in their desk and had a ‘technological breakthrough’ :joy:

You know I was thinking the same thing :rofl:… I wear a Citizen solar powered wrist watch that charges from any light source…and have been a long time and ding ding ding, Google has just discovered this :rofl: :face_with_monocle:

Google just trying to catch up with Samsung.

3 Likes

I guess if you wait long enough, what’s old becomes new :joy:

1 Like

Amazon coming out with one too!

1 Like

That remote thing looks huge and hideous I’m not sure how much the cost, I’ve had my Chromecast 4K for close to 3 years and have only had to replace the batteries once since I’ve owned the device. I prefer Energizer batteries and they last over A year. If you feel the need to buy an expensive remote that has a solar panel hey go for it you will be the the king of your man cave or living room. If you like lugging around things size of 20,000 MAH power bank and probably costs close to 80 dollars your the man I will definitely make A easy pass on this Boy’s.

1 Like

So now we’re gonna hv a solar array in the living room, at least when it duz run out of pwr, you can reach the tv buttons from the couch

1 Like

Oh heck no. I’m setting up a generator to an exercise bike. No pedaling, no power, no Troypoint. :exploding_head: :space_invader:

That’s old school. My Dad used us kids as a remote (no batteries required) for the entire time I was growing up and TV was relatively a new thing out there! lol

The day I got replaced!

REPLACED

2 Likes

Samsung already has their version of it out. Got this with the TVs I bought a few months ago.

It’s the same size as the nVidia remote and a whole bunch thinner. I can also use this to operate my nVidia. It can also control the features when using Tivimate, too.

2 Likes

What the hell was Nvidia thinking when they designed that remote!

actually I like that triangle remote :joy:… funky lookin’ yea but its really a great remote :sunglasses: :grimacing:

As long as it works good that is all that counts.

Actually, I like the triangle shape. Fit in the hand comfortably and makes it easy to handle and navigate. The new Samsung is nice, but being so thin it is hard to hold and navigate around without dropping it. hence, I don’t use it hardly at all. I use the nVdia one as my daily driver.

Btw, someone from here turned me on to the rubber case on the nVidia remote. makes it even better!

The Samsung can be used for self defense. A Baton!

Was going to say, I know that case. Love it and the remote!

Nah, it is pretty small and too light weight. It’s a good remote and it works on my nVidia and any app. I do like the solar power thing though.

Yes looks like a giant fire stick remote. The new Lg air mouse that comes with there new Tv’s is pretty nice.

My Citizens Watch has been working for over 15 years. I have two of them one for everyday one for doing yard work and the Yard Works one it’s over 15 years old… solar power and never misses a lick.

1 Like