Google Nixes ‘Downloader’ App From Store After DMCA Says Its Browser Can Get To Piracy Sites

Google Nixes ‘Downloader’ App From Store After DMCA Says Its Browser Can Get To Piracy Sites | Techdirt

2 Likes

Always blame the gun, not the shooter :roll_eyes:
comment

It’s already on it’s way back.

3 Likes

This is the site the Downloader owner recommends using until the Googles gods reinstate the app.

Downloader App | AFTVnews

3 Likes

Not that it matters to most, but when comparing the Downloader 1.4.4 apk from Troypoint’s Toolbox link and the Downloader 1.4.4 apk from the AFTVnews link, there is a slight difference in size. I suspect AFTVnews has perhaps recently streamlined a little code because his version of 1.4.4 is a bit smaller in size. :+1:

1 Like

I thought Troy(Point) purchased AFTVnews and Downloader? Maybe it was the voices in my head telling me that…

No, I think he did take Downloader over from Elias at one point. :nerd_face: (Point, get it?) Been a few years ago. Just looked it up, sounds like it was in 2019. Elias went to work for Amazon which required him to step away from AFTVNews and the Downloader app. Then in 2020 Elias decided to voluntarily resign from Amazon so he could return to running AFTVNews and the Downloader app.

https://troypoint.com/downloader-app-goes-home/