Getting Started

Yes, I’ve accomplished so far all three of your questions,

1 Like

As someone who cut the cord and started streaming 6 years ago, here are my observations:

1. Smart TV manufacturers app stores on their operating systems are usually quite limited in terms of streaming apps you can access. Many are also outdated. It is better to purchase a separate, good quality android tv box with the open android operating system version 9.0 or higher. A good selection of these tv boxes are available on Amazon, which has a good returns policy if you have problems.
  2. Choose a box that has 4 gigabytes of RAM and 32 or higher gigabytes of internal memory that is well ventilated, in addition to having a root switch. This will prevent freeze ups and overheating of your device, along with greater freedom to customize and download apps of your choice to your device. Avoid the Amazon fire stick, which has very limited RAM and internal memory capacity.
  3. In addition to the Troypoint app, download Downloader by AFT News from the APK Pure website to your device. In addition to the Google Playstore, this will enable you to download many apps of your choice to your tv box.
  4. Your streaming experience will only be as good as your weakest link. This means in addition to a good quality tv box, you need to have good quality internet, vpn service and wi-fi, capable of delivering 50 mbs download/16 mbs upload speeds or better to your device.
  5. Based on my own experience, my advice is not to go with the cheapest devices or services as you usually get what you pay for. You will be happier, with fewer headaches.
    I hope this helps.
6 Likes