Getting Started

It seems that I may not make the learning curve.I’m on my home computer right now and have already downloaded some things. But I have also downloaded things on my Sony Smart TV. Is there a way to reconcile the two or do I start over. Just being here for a few minutes and I’ve already encountered words/phrases I cannot begin to fathom. I’m 70 in a few months have some medical issues
, but I want to get a handle on this. Is there a way to help someone who’s Ciomputer speak is minimal, because Steve Jobs I’m not.

2 Likes

70 isn’t bad. I’m 67. If you would like me to help you I would be delighted. If you could help me then this would go very smoothly. What exactly are you trying to do, and when you say reconcile what do you mean? Maybe PM me by clicking on my avatar and then click message, that way it will keep this topic uncluttered. I look forward to resolving your issues if I can. No guarantees in life, as you know.

2 Likes

@Trooper1355

Welcome to our community.

Best advice is to take your time and read the guides as they outline everything you try to do.

6 Likes

No worries Trooper…Miki & the rest of us have your 6… :cowboy_hat_face:

69 revolutions here…learning it isn’t too bad…remembering it at our age is the hard part… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Thank you all for making me feel more comfortable with this process. Miki, I tried hitting (gently) the round ball but got nowhere. So doing it this way. Initially I was just trying to save some money. Every time there was a football match I got on my scooter and went 8 blocks to watch it. Then I heard about this type of thing. I read a little talked to a few people and decided that I want it.The movies, TV shows old and new I thought I was daydreaming. Thankfully I wasn’t

But I must run, I’m expected for dinner. But all and any tips to on the right way of doing things is/will be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

You have come to the right place. Everyone here is very knowledgeable and willing to help. So if you need anything let us know .

5 Likes

Well to begin, welcome to Troy’s little community of, dare I say it, misfits. Lol Sort of like Santa’s elves. We all want the same thing, but every one if us is different. There are literally countless ways to get what you want, and many here will give you differing advice and opinions. But in your case I assure you, we will be gentle and understanding. My suggestion is to begin with simple things. In my opinion we should start you off with something that will give you Movies and TV series as well as a sense of accomplishment. To that end Troy has done most of the grunt work and made many many valuable tutorials. I’m thinking maybe a simple App like TeaTV. That way you get Movies, TV Series and if that goes well we can use the same app to get you started learning the basics of IPTV ( internet protocol TV) or “Live TV”. So to that end perhaps you can answer a couple more questions so that I can help you find the right tutorials from Troy. Don’t worry, I will help you learn how to do a proper search and for now give you the links to them until you know how to find them yourself. Have you gone into the Firestick settings to configure it for the best streaming you can get? Do you have a VPN? Have you installed the “Downloader” app? Answer those for me please and that will give us a better idea of where we need to focus our starting lessons.

5 Likes

Thanks Miki.
I’ve been downloading for 10+ years. I’ve been with Cyberghost all the while. And I have a Tanggula Android Box. I also just received a Stream Locator Router last week.
My biggest problem is that after my second stroke I have a kind of Dyslexia. No matter how many times I read the same paragraph I don’t see some words. I manage it just takes a while. And I am determined to get it right. When I’m told I can’t do something, I dig my heels in and become STUBBORN. They said I’d never make into the British Guards. I did for 12 years. Anyway I’m looking forward to my first tutorial

I have 1 or 2 or a dozen questions that I can pepper you with tomorrow as long as your up for it.

4 Likes

Hey you bet I’m up for it. Cyberghost is a good VPN. I’m not familiar with your device so I will have to do some research. Oh it’s a Tanggula IPTV Android box giving you access to over 4000 IPTV channels as well as Movies and TV series. Now this may be a good time to get someone to chime in who uses an Android box. We can forget adding TeaTV and downloader for now as you already have all the necessary stuff to start watching free TV. So I guess I’ll let you take the reins and ask the questions you have and go from there.

1 Like

I would have 4000 + channels if my nephew hadn’t been too quick off the mark. I was away for the weekend and he thought he’d be helpful and start the setup. He thought he’d done something wrong and did a factory reset. Now it’s a blank empty android box. I was not forking out another $350.00 to replace it. And the work around from Tanguay doesn’t work. So all in all I’m poorer for the experience.

1 Like

I HATE SPELL CHECK. TANGULLA, There got it.

1 Like

@Trooper1355

Take your time, you can use the pm function to msg us, I appreciate the support and learning, however when you sign up you get a email with a tutorial video on how to get setup on alot of things here.

I’m not sure what your intentions are or what you want to do but watch the setup video.

Go to the websites to for iptv, but for movies and TV shows I recommend the following:

Vpn
Kodi
Stremio
Syncler
Real debrid.

Lots of instructions there. Please take your time to go through everything.

I won’t close this topic just yet seeing as you need some time. But make sure you do read all the info and guides first as this is a bit of a lengthy process.

However I kindly ask you before asking questions to read and watch the guides first as they are setup to get you going.

3 Likes

Hi @Trooper1355
Remember too, when viewing a tutorial that one of us recommends, it’s easier, as @TP-Dracoo and @Miki have said, to take it slow. I find that it also helps to pause the video tutorial and just check that what is being shown and presented you can match it on your own device, before moving along. Most importantly, have fun with it. It’s a great feeling when you can get something to work.

4 Likes

I’ve done some more research and it looks like your bix comes preloaded with an IPTV service already installed that cost uou about $80/year. So it’s my opinion that you need to call and talk to whomever you bought the box from. You should not have been able to do a factory reset and wipe your service out without a means if reinstalling. So I would email or call customer service and let them know what happened.

2 Likes

I did a little poking around and found their web site and after a little reading also it seems they have a very good customer service would be where I would start get the box up and going again and go from there. As you can see everyone here love’s to help out and learn also . Good luck don’t give up you can always leave it be for a while then come back to it. Good luck

1 Like

Thank you all for my first lessons. I will take my time I want to do it once and do it properly. As for Tangulla, I’ve followed the instructions from Customer Service and I got no joy. Hopefully I will learn what I’ve done wrong.
Again thank you all.

2 Likes

Sound advise, thank you. Thank you all. I guess my impatience is showing. I will rein it in until I get at least the basic’s under my belt. I know I’m missing some pretty basic concept here. But as you all have saId, with patience comes understanding.

2 Likes

Yes, thier customer service people were great. The instructions clear and concise but somewhere in that I missed something.
Thank you.

2 Likes

If you need any more help just let us know I’m sure there must be someone out there that has experience with that box let us know good luck and don’t give up

2 Likes

I’m not one to give up. Too many years in the military for that. And thanks. With patience comes knowledge.

3 Likes