Getting Buzz 5 to display the Epg

I’m curious how to get the buzz 5 box to display the EPG for the streaming service I use. I’m not sure I’m allowed to mention which one I am using. At one time I had added the M3U I found thru this site and I had 2 or 3 channels only in the EPG. I’m new to streaming services. I’ve used ip extreme and the M3U had the EPG but now with the buzz device that same M3U doesn’t produce the guide.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Jerry

1 Like

If you install with the extreme method the epg should auto populate. Ive never tried any other way with x5. I know you can but cant tell you where to look.

1 Like

My current IPTV provider doesn’t offer EPG for their m3u url. I get my EPG from m3u4u and enter it on the XML EPG URL line in m3u playlist portal on the X5.

Mine populated immediately with extreme code

Are you allowed to tell me which streaming service you use. I use one in Troy’s list of the best streaming services. When I used the iptv viewer ipectreme it showed the Epg. I had entered the M3U from the company for their channel guide but it only showed 2 channels for a couple of days and then stopped so I deleted it from the place in buzzx5. Of course I’ll continue looking. And what is extreme code?

I actually gott a few from that site and they didn’t work.
Thank you for replying

I don’t know what the extreme method is

No we cant mention iptv providers here, only threw direct msg

It is an Xtream Code.

The provider gives you a server URL, your username & password. After you enter that, it also includes the providers EPG.

Often with m3u codes, you need to add two - one for your service & the other for the EPG - both supplied by your provider.

Regards.

on your remote…hit the menu button and scroll to settings then config settings then guide/EPG settings…set your EPG to current time and turn on Fast loading EPG. also to refresh the EPG…click on CLEAR EPG periodically. your EPG should load up. My services come with default EPG so i didn’t have to load an external EPG. hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll try it

Thank you. For taking the time to read and reply

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

The perfect fix, thank you very much