For the sake of this post let’s just forget about the “why” and focus on the how. I thought I read somewhere that there is a way on the newer fire sticks to bypass the registration step on the first run and get to the device settings. Something about connecting to WiFi but not the internet or something. I want to know if it’s possible to sideload apps prior to connecting to the internet and registering with an Amazon account.
You know I think I’ve read that somewhere, and I think on here somewhere, but for the life of me, I can’t remember or can’t find it.
Same. Something about getting to a certain point when about to connect to WiFi but then holding the back button or something, idk. There was a way to do it on the older fire sticks, but I could’ve sworn I saw an updated method for the 4K max.
I’m pretty sure it was mentioned by @Powerfader on skipping registration on new devices, when I get a moment I will search. Started with Amazon don’t sync to new stick your account info.
I posted a method on here for Fire HD 10 Tablets 2021. That was for using the ToolBox to get rid of the Amazon bloatware and stuff.
basically. you don’t let your device connect to your wifi until after you have finished configuring your settings to your liking.
Don’t know if that method would work on sticks or not, but it can’t hurt to try.
Hmm, idk if that’s what I was thinking of or not. My reason for asking is twofold. One is because I’d like to sideload programs on fire sticks and ship them to friends and family without having to ask them for their Amazon account info. And the second is so I can avoid the automatic system update during initialization on the off chance that they have started to block certain things.
I dont have the answer to your original question however I do give FS’s as gifts and you login using your Amazon credentials and then can deregister the FS after loading the programs/APK’s you desire. TP has a tutorial on the overall process.
Hope this helps and hapoy streaming…
@Jayhawks659 I do not know how to get around the initial software updates on setup. I have read where people buy Fire Sticks retail other than Amazon. Like Best Buy. If you buy from Amazon they know that stick is associated with you. Some people set up a throw away account with fake credentials.
- Purchase a prepaid Visa gift card or prepaid Visa credit card.
- Register a new Amazon account under any name and add the Visa card as the payment method.
- Register your Amazon Fire Stick using this account.
I know it’s not the best solution. Good question though. Looking into it myself.
So I think I was able to figure out how to avoid the system update when you register a new device. However, there is no way to get around registering with your Amazon account. Currently this Fire Stick 4K Max says it is running on OS 18.104.22.168 and according to what I am reading online the most recent version should be OS 22.214.171.124
To skip the update this is what I did:
- Turn on my mobile hotspot on my phone.
- Get to the part where you connect to a network and connect to your hotspot.
- As soon as it says “getting updates” disconnect your hotspot.
- On the next page that says network error, hold down the back and menu buttons at the same time for a couple seconds to enter VoiceView mode.
- Push the back button to exit VoiceView mode (with your hotspot still disconnected).
- You should now be at the registration page. Go ahead and enter your Amazon credentials and turn your hotspot back on to connect.
- As soon as your account registers and you get to the home page, proceed to use your preferred method of blocking system updates.
Good job thinking out of the box…