Free vs monthly fee for streaming

Hello I’m a senior citizen that has been using a jailbroke firestick for years. I know just enough to be dangerous. I use a company and pay 24.99 a month for their service. For live tv, apks and help. They have been great for me and helpful. I also use Real Debrid, and Ipvanish. Is Troypoints service free? I find this site to be also very useful. Just confused if I need to be paying for the last several years for what I can get here for free. Thanks.

What do you mean the free sources of live TV and VOD options that people post here?

Troypoint does NOT provide iptv services. You will find links within that may lead you to a service to try and I must say the amount you pay is on the high side “considering” but if you are happy with service and price, stick with it.

2 Likes

The not so quick answer is that if your needs are being met for $25 a month, that’s not a bad price.
BUT, you could possibly save some money if you are willing to learn and patient.
However, reliable live TV won’t be free regardless.

3 Likes

I’d suggest if everything works and you are happy with it, keep it. Usually free doesn’t work nearly as well. There may be something out there that will save you a small amount but it probably won’t be that much.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Unless he’s just looking for advice with regards to set up for certain streaming devices or boxes or TV or what have you because a lot of that information is here on the Troy point insider or troypoint.com. And it’s free.

4 Likes

Can I say what service I’m using? To see thoughts? Or is that against the rules?

No, I’m afraid you can’t name any iptv services in an open forum, we have a locked group for that. Violates the rules.

https://troypointinsider.com/faq

Go to troypoint.com and search IPTV. There’s a chance that your current service might be listed there.

2 Likes

No. Not there. Not sure we’re talking about an iptv app. But again I could be wrong. Senior moment #28😂

1 Like

Are you reliably getting live TV like sports, news, game shows, etc?
If you are, there are two components two getting that:
An IPTV app (in other words ‘app’)
The IPTV service, which your guy is setting your app up with.

Not all services can be found searching with Google or looking over TP’s list. It’s possible that your guy has or has access to a very private, limited IPTV service. If that’s the case, you are more than likely getting your money’s worth.

Yes. I’m getting all live tv channels I need. I was just curious about some choices TP has that aren’t an option for me!

Go though the recommended sites in detail. You will find something that works for you.

You are in good shape if this is only senior moment #28. I hit that # almost everyday!

2 Likes

@Tmkowalski :pleading_face: hi! I have a question pertaining to a part of your question that may help clear this up a tad. The part of your original question that states:
“I use a company and pay 24.99 a month for their service. For live tv, apks and help.”
Do you mean its an actual IPTV service or is it a “company” who provided you a firestick to use that came pre-configured, and you pay them a monthly fee to keep you up and running?
This would help clarify things to be better able to help you. Thanks and stay safe out there!

It’s a company that I originally purchased a configured firestick10-12 yrs ago. I’ve since bought multiple sticks and configured myself. But for live tv and APKs I pay the fee. Also like Troy, they’re very helpful. And like I said earlier, I pay for Real Debrid and ipvanish.

1 Like

That seems like a high monthly fee, but if you get value out of it, then let it be. Troypoint does not require any payment, but just like you & I, he has to feed and shelter his family, so you can send him a few bucks. He also has a Patreon site that does require a payment up front.

1 Like

IDK CaPn
$25/month without any muss & fuss really is pretty reasonable for VOD & live TV.
Not everyone has the patience or the interest in fiddling with preparing devices to do what they want. In my circle of friends & family, I’m the only one who does. I’ve given away a couple of my operating FS’s where I’ve hotrodded them with IPTV & Kodi or Stremio.

If I was going to do it for money and had, let’s say, 10 customers that needed help, I’m pretty sure that I could & would charge more that $25 a month.
The only thing that I would do is try to not use any Fire TV products.

I’m just a bit uncertain if I can get all my live tv options for no cost thru TP?