Formuler Z mini Android TV Dongle Review

Originally published at: https://troypoint.com/formuler-z-mini/

The Formuler Z mini is a new Android TV dongle designed for those who utilize IPTV services. This streaming device comes with 8GB internal storage, 2GB of RAM, BT1 remote, and is running on Android 12. This in-depth review will cover the features found in the Formuler Z mini while also providing my honest opinions…

3 Likes

Just read the full review and Troy gives this box a 4.5 out of 5. High praise indeed. Formuler is a top tier product imho with Buzztv. Now I want one and don’t need it :crazy_face:

Nice review Troy BUT I can’t justify this over Z11 pro.
Mini is Android 12 over Z11 Pro being Android 11, but for little more cash, Z11pro has more storage and ports.

UK prices, Z mini is £109, Z11pro BT is £129.99 or Z11pro is £119.99 with non BT remote.

100% agree that the Z11 Pro Max is the way you should go if you can afford it. I personally would never want to use a remote other than Bluetooth.

Been using Formuler products for many years now. Moved away from Shield a few years ago and now use Z11 Pro Max on my main media center TV and wouldn’t use anything else. I will probably buy a couple of these Z minis for my TVs that I use less frequent. I am one of those who liked mytvonline3 IPTV app better than TiviMate due to rewinding and fast forwarding live TV. It has more features than TiviMate from what I can tell.

Here in the UK, Z11 pro max would be £139.99 or £149 with BT remote with 4GB ram and 32GB storage.

For those who only want IPTV, the Z11 pro is fine but power users the Z11 pro Max is the right choice.
The Z11 pro series also have a Micro SD Card slot for additional storage .

In my opinion the reason to get a Formuler is for the MYTVOnline app

Does anyone know if the MyTVonline 3 app will incorporate a local tuner such as a hdhomerun into the mix with the other subs? That to me would be a game changer.

For Z11 pro series

• ATSC USB Tuners:
  • Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q (2040:b123)
  • Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q (2040:b150)
  • Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (2040:026d)​

DVB-T USB Tuners:

• Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (2040:8265)
  • Geniatech MyGica T230 Black (0572:689A)
  • Geniatech OEM T230 White (0572:c68a)
  • Xbox One Digital TV Tuner (045E:02D5)
1 Like