"For Her Sins" another good British mini series

This 4 part mini series kept mine and my wife’s attention while we binged this mystery thriller series. Another goodie from or friends across the pond. My one/only subscription, Acorn TV, brings some of the best from the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand!

9 Likes

Thank you for the tip, BigDave!

I am about halfway through the Detectorists and was wondering what would be next. I am also caught up on Slow Horses until the next season begins. I also just finished Shetland which I binged like a crazy man.

2 Likes

Slow Horses and Shetland are both excellent, agree. So much talent and great TV coming from non USA entertainment, like Shetland.

3 Likes

A Place to Call Home is a brilliant (as good as it gets) series from Australian TV.

2 Likes

Slow Horses! Two enthusiastic :+1:

4 Likes

Nothing better than a good Irish crime drama. “The woman in the wall” is the latest we watched . We also love British, Australia, NZ, South african crime drama. For us they are mostly all more enjoyable than US crime drama. The acting is much better.

3 Likes

My list to watch only has British or Irish shows. There is nothing on US stations that I even want to watch. I just finished London Kills and Happy Valley and found them very good

1 Like

“The Great Escaper” is Michael Caine still knocking it out of the park for BBC at age 90.

I was sad to see Doug Henshall leave Shetland!

3 Likes

As much as I just love Tosh, it just wasn’t the same after Douglas left. I will definately have to look him up to see what he has been in.

The odd thing that I did (I know I am odd :grinning:) was ALWAYS listen to the opening and closing songs. I couldn’t get enough of the haunting melody with the scenery. In fact on several occasions I backed up so I could listen to it again. I’m also doing the same with the theme song for Detectorists.

1 Like

One older South AfricanTV show that I really liked was “The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency” with Jill Scott.

BigDave, I will definitely put “A Place To Call Home” on my list. Oh and “The Great Escaper” also. I’m with you regarding Michael Caine.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting us know. I will definitely watch this. I love the British series and movies.

Have a look at " For All Mankind". All about NASA in 4 series with some interesting twists.

1 Like

I loved Happy Valley. And Acorn. I watch Turkish shows also. US is lousy these days…

We also liked unforgotten. Thanks for some other good leads.

1 Like

You’ll also like SAS: Rogue Heroes, Wolf, Dublin Murders, Vigil, Taboo, The Tourist, The North Water. Just to name a few. :wink:

1 Like

Dublin Murders was pretty good

Would that qualify as an oxymoron?

1 Like