FireTV Keeps going on Shut down

Greetings,

I have a FireTV and when I’m away for like 5 minutes it shuts off …Ive even tried sleep times to 290 minutes and it’s still shut’s off… anyone having issues ? or a fix…it get’s really annoying

Cheers,
Marko~

So just to clarify, this is a TV not a streaming device? What make and model @marko1965 ? That info will help me searching if others have the same issue and have a solution. Also is it actually going to “sleep” or is the “Screensaver” being activated?

Older generation FireTV boxes could have issues with heat that caused freezes and sometimes powering down.

Some Fire TV panel displays, had premature issues with their internal power supplies, like Insignia models.

Make sure you look at your HDMI CEC settings also, as improperly set, can cause powering triggers when other connected devices turn on or off.

I’ve moved away from firesticks , Amazon wants too much control of what you can do .

3 Likes

I have the same problem, and I noticed when I go to settings> Applications>manage install applications the storage data size had jumped from 170 MB to two GB.

yeah if let’s say on amazon or any other service’s that stream…if I go upstairs for about 10 minutes TV shuts off…no sense of having a screen saver if the TV shut’s off

if I’m my shield everything is ok my chromecast kicks in… Just when i’m on the main TV its shuts off after 10 minutes or so then I have to turn it back on with the remote

Give me the Make and model please and I’ll find a settings setup for it and see if there is any sort of sleep or auto shutoff setting that can be turned off.

Hi Miki,
this is the model from amazon,Amazon Fire TV 55" 4-Series 4K UHD smart TV, stream live TV without cable

Cheers

I will see what I can find. Sorry Marko. Lots of info about the settings but I can’t find a thing about your issue. Here is a manual

Here is the forum where you can ask your question.

Sorry, that’s the best I can do.

1 Like