Firesticks (Critically Low on Storage alert)

Hello members, My brother seems to be having a issue with the 2 Firesticks that he uses at his home. I never have had this issue before myself. He has a normal 4k stick and most recently a 4K Max which is also coming up with Critically Low on Storage alert issue coming up on his screen within the first few days of using it.
Anyone else ever have this issue before and know how to get rid of this. Thanks for any help

2 Likes

What apps do you have on on the sticks? Delete any apps you dont need. Clear cache for apps such as Kodi if using.

1 Like

You have to learn what tools to use to clear up space, how to clear the cache, how to free up Ram. @TP-Dracoo has put together an excellent selection of links to help educate anyone wanting to know how to use their stick. Please read and then ask any further questions you have.
I think I’ll give you the route and method for clearing any cache as this is the most important method to reclaim space.
Do not clear “Data” in any app that you must login to use as doing so will also delete your credentials and you will have to reenter them. For example, when using a VPN do not “force close>clear data” or you will have to log in again but it is safe to clear any accumulated cache, but do so without doing “Force Close”.
So to clear cache and free up space in your apps:
settings>applications>manage installed applications>Kodi>force stop>clear cache
Substitute “kodi” for any other installed apps.
Now for any “Amazon” apps like Alexa Shopping, Amazon kids, Amazon Live Shopping they constantly add data and use up space, so for those I “force stop>Clear data” . Don’t forget, if using any of those and you have to log in, do not clear “Data”, just clear cache. “Force close” will clear it from RAM and help speed up the stick.

1 Like

It’s my brothers firestick. I have already told him that. To delete as much apps that you do not use to clear space up. But still that alert still seems to come back for some reason? maybe my nephew is screwing around with it for all I know. Just seems weird that this keeps happening with both sticks.

1 Like

Thank you for the tips. Will do

3 Likes

People actually use the apps that Amazon provided? Shrugs, who knew :rofl:

4 Likes

Lol. When in Rome. :face_with_peeking_eye: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Big space eater…the screensaver!
Disable that and you’ll gain some space.

4 Likes

Also get rid of IMDB, if u dont use it… those apps will regenerate, but wth less data

2 Likes

On the Firestick there isn’t any way to get rid of IMDB. The best you can do is use es file explorer and then "uninstall " the Amazon apps, however all that will do is remove any updates for those Amazon apps and return them to “factory” install.

2 Likes

If Amazon has bloated those apps over time then that as you say should free up space. I must try that.

2 Likes

How do you disable the screen saver on fire stick thank you

1 Like

In it’s option set the start timer to “never”
settings>Display & Sounds>Screensaver>Screensaver Settings>Start Time>Never

Take note, this only stops the screensaver it does not stop the stick from going to sleep, that unfortunately can’t be done.

1 Like

You can disable it with the Debloater app if you have one of the FS from the last year or two. It’s available on the RAI.

1 Like

I think many Firesticks and cubes have the latest updates and the debloater, or most if it, no longer works.

3 Likes

Wow… that’s bad news to me :unamused:

The FS on FB I have seen that there is an error in the OS6. Amazon is trying to fix the problem.

1 Like

This has been a few days but I thought I would chime in anyway since this just happened to me again last night. This first time was over 6 mos ago and I got nervous and deleted many apps - for nothing!!! First, don’t click on anything in that message, instead, go to “Manage Apps” and you’ll see how much storage you really have left. I’m betting it will be plenty unless you have an enormous amount of apps. I’d like to ask when or where this message pops up for you? I was watching a movie in Cinema HD both times. Since I learned from my first mistake, I went to see how much storage I had left, it was slightly over 2GB - plenty of room!! So, I have decided on my own, this is a scam or a virus. I then went to Defsquid and did a cleaning. Went back to Cinema and finished watching my movie, on another link, didn’t get another message. Interesting tidbit using Defsquid, I scanned my Firestick for viruses and Cinema came back as malicious!!! and this is a popular app recommended by TP?? By the way, Defsquid is available from TP and I use it daily as part of my maintenance.

2 Likes

@Wkraw25

Just a heads up, we do have cinema labeled in the top free yes, but also only get apks from the proper source. False positives are also a on going issue with these aps. Check the review we do virus scans on alot of the stuff we post.

Not to get off topic here.

1 Like

How do you get rid of that? The only option I see is clear data.

3 Likes