Firestick wouldn't connect to internet

My Firestick 4K Max would not connect to the internet. After trying every method, power off, reboot router/modem, reboot Firestick. I finally pushed the three lines button, to forget network, and it restarted and hooked up immediately. This may be an obvious fix to some of the old pros, but as a newbie I was flummoxed. Hope this helps any other newbie who runs into this.

7 Likes

@jm1302

As a good measure of troubleshooting pushing the forget network sometimes clears issues between the device and the connection.

Thanks for adding this

1 Like

This has happened to me on occasion with the 4K version and forgetting the network usually does the trick. If Amazon saves your passwords for you it should automatically connect again, if not just re-enter your network password and away she goes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

None of this works for me. Switched between different routers, and does not load application. Restarted fire stick 4k multiple times during process, when application does load, I have buffering issues that eventually tells me I have no internet, when in fact I do on many other devices on all other routers. This is frustrating!!!

1 Like

And fyi, this is 1 of a few legal streaming sites that I pay full price for.

1 Like

Make sure your connected to 5Ghz and not 2.4Ghz band. Also run a speed test with Analiti or similar. In failing that I’d be pushed towards a factory reset.

Jsteele…do you have an older firestick that you know worked before you got the 4k or is this your first one? If you do have an older model…connect it with all the hardware you’re using now…if it connects, then you know your 4k firestick is the culprit…not cables or your router et al…& you can return & replace it.

2 Likes

agree, always backtrack in troubleshooting. Sometimes the phone call is coming from your own house. … If you can rule out the firestick then I would lean toward the router providing your internet connection (bandwidth) is adequate. I had a severe buffering issue and after much trial and error it turned out a router issue and although I thought I had a good router (asus ax56u) turns out that was my problem. I upgraded to an asus ax86u and 2 months of issues solved.

2 Likes